Human Resources Specialist
St. Edward's University
Human Resources SpecialistHuman Resources Department
St. Edward's University is seeking a Human Resources Specialist
. The Human Resources Specialist
provides specialized HR support for the department. Supports the effective and consistent application of employee hiring, onboarding, job classification, and compensation administration processes and policies. Performs a variety of HR tasks including full lifecycle recruiting, all facets of onboarding, and entering and maintain accurate data. Provides customer services, advice, training, and support to the University community, as appropriate. Directly supports the Talent & Compensation Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree, preferably in business administration, human resources, organizational management or a closely related field. Two-Three years related work experience in recruiting, talent development, compensation classification management.
HR Certification preferred. Advanced knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc. Good command of English both oral and written. Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies. Excellent organizational skills. Great attention to detail.Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities:Talent Management, Recruiting, and Onboarding
- Provides direct support for all talent and full-cycle recruiting and onboarding functions for the university.
- Works with hiring managers providing support for hiring, onboarding employees, and other HR functions as needed.
- Onboards new employees creating offer letters, sending and collecting new hire documents, and providing support and guidance to new employees.
- Runs and reviews background checks, collects appropriate documents and ensures completion and accuracy.
- Communicates with new hires throughout the onboarding process.
- Schedule and maintains New Hire Orientation.
- Assist with facilitation of the University NEO.
- Creates advertisements, position profiles and postings that are attractive to potential candidates. Maintains and updates the University's recruitment web presence on University and other recruitment websites.
- Attends career fairs and other recruiting events in the representation of the university
- Performs activities supporting the recruitment, screening, and referral of applicants for the university.
- Establishes and maintains liaison with external agencies and recruiting sources.
- Coordinates the placement of job advertisements.
- Assists with the coordination and facilitating the process for the employee onboarding and transfer process.
- Performs activities in support of talent management process.
- Collects and reviews Employee Action Notices and ensures accuracy for submission. Submits EANs timely and complete to Finance Team.
- Assists with position audits, analyzes and evaluates jobs using established evaluation system, review and submission of appropriate documents.
- Diversify talent pipelines and to collaborate with external industry partners as necessary to strengthen the talent pool.
- Sources candidates through online job boards, social media and other techniques to reduce the lag time to fill vacant positions.
- Looks for cost efficient ways to market the University.
- Leads the development of targeted outreach strategies for diversity recruitment.
- Email and correspond with hiring managers in regards to posting and ATS access.
- Create Offer Letters and correspond with new employees in regards to job offer.
- Gather and coordinate all related paperwork to new hires.
- Assists with processing I-9 verification.
- Supports with Recruiting and Talent Management Projects as needed.
- Creates and run reports
- Provide front desk support as needed.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package! Medical & Rx Coverage - UMR (HSA & FSA Available)Dental - Sunlife DentalVision - Sunlife Vision PlanShort Term Disability (STD) Insurance Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) InsuranceEmployee Assistance Program (EAP)Pet InsuranceAnnual Leave & Paid Sick LeaveRetirement Plan - (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%Tuition BenefitsPaid HolidaysServices & DiscountsHOW TO APPLY
- Review incoming supplemental payments and coordinates submissions and salary change requests.
- Assists and collaborates, as appropriate, in the planning, coordination, facilitation, administration, and reporting of the annual salary review program for regular staff employees.
- Assists with collecting salary data and compensation, classification projects.
- May assist with audits and collection of data for salary reviews.
- Assists with perform HRIS Banner testing.
- Maintain operational knowledge in other key human resources areas as employee relations, performance management, leave administration organization and career development, and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
- Other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com
. Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references
. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summaryOTHER ITEMS TO KNOWSponsorship:
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.Background Checks:
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J20201672
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency