Hofstra University is a nationally ranked and recognized private university in Hempstead, N.Y. that is the only school to ever host three consecutive presidential debates (2008, 2012 and 2016). At Hofstra, students get the best of both worlds. Our campus is a leafy oasis just a quick train ride away from New York City and all its cultural, recreational and professional opportunities. We offer small classes and personal attention, with the resources, technology and facilities of a large university. Students can choose from more than 160 undergraduate program options and 165 graduate program options in the liberal arts and sciences, education, health professions and human services, the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs, the Fred DeMatteis School of Engineering and Applied Science, the Frank G. Zarb School of Business, the Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, the Maurice A. Deane School of Law, the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies, and the Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell. Hofstra University is a dynamic community of more than 11,000 students from around the world who are dedicated to civic engagement, academic excellence and becoming leaders in their communities and their careers. Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body. We especially encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities to apply.
Hofstra University, an NCAA Division I institution and a member of the Colonial Athletic Association is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Reporting to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, implement, schedule and conduct year-round strength and conditioning programs for select sports based on experience.
• Assist with the daily operation of the strength facilities.
• Maintain database of assigned student-athletes.
• Assist with the testing of student-athletes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• CSCS certification with the NSCA or SCCC certification with the CSCCa.
• First Aid / CPR / AED certified by an accredited service provider.
• Two years of collegiate coaching experience full-time or as a graduate assistant.
• Ability to organize and handle all aspects of administration and adhere to the rules and regulations of Hofstra University, the Colonial Athletic Association, and the NCAA.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or a related field preferred.
• Additional certification: RSCC / RSCC*D / RSCC*E with the NSCA, MSCC with the CSCCa and USAW Level I.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume and three references to:
Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Finance and Administration
Please indicate "Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach" in the subject of the email.