Job location: Remote Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0007172 Job Description:
Saybrook University invites applications and nominations for the position of Director of Library Services.
As part of the academic leadership team (and in collaboration with the TCS Education System Librarian), the Director of Library Services will provide leadership and direction for the development and management of Saybrook Library. The successful candidate will be a strong, resourceful leader with a vision of how the library can continue to meet the evolving information needs of its constituents and add value to the Saybrook teaching and learning community
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative leadership, and overall direction for the library, including strategic, financial, and space planning
- Provide day to day management of all library operations and services
- Works in collaboration with faculty, the TCS Education System librarian, and other academic stakeholders to develop collections and services that effectively support the study, research, and teaching needs of the Saybrook community
- Participates in the ongoing assessment and review of the library’s collections and services
- Provides reference and liaison services in-person, by phone, e-mail, chat, and other means of inquiry
- Servers as an active member of TCS Education System Libraries’ collection development team, and other management groups as appropriate
- Participates actively in continuous professional development through professional conferences, courses, webinars, etc.
- Represent the library locally, regionally, and nationally
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and management experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory role in an academic library
- Experience in providing library services and instruction.
- Collection development and assessment skills
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Collegial and collaborative attitude
- Successful decision making, problem-solving ability, and planning skills
- Ability and motivation for continuous professional development growth
- Working knowledge of library information systems, technology, and research tools
- Ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively in an environment of rapid development and change
Please note: For the protection of faculty, staff, students and all who enter our facilities, Saybrook University has made the decision to require COVID-19 vaccination for all employees, unless granted medical or religious exemption, as a condition of employment beginning January 31, 2022.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA). Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century in Western progressive psychology and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and human science, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.