Dunton Family Dean of the DAmore-McKim School of BusinessAbout the Opportunity
Reporting to the Provost, the Dunton Family Dean will lead and represent the D'Amore-McKim School of Business to all internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for its reputation, brand, and all aspects of its operations. The new Dean of the D'Amore-McKim School of Business will take the helm at a critical inflection point as the University is embarking upon an ambitious Academic Plan and strategic vision with an emphasis on immersive experiential learning, industry-aligned learning and discovery, and global learning and research partnerships. The Dean will work closely with broader University leadership to reshape and rethink the vision for higher education, guiding D'Amore-McKim in taking a highly active role to identify and cultivate strategic opportunities to achieve this and will lead the faculty in articulating the vision and mission for the D'Amore-McKim School of Business aligned with this Plan. They will set goals and priorities for the School and exercise strong managerial and inclusive leadership of a diverse academic and administrative workforce. They will continue to refine the School's mission and vision, maintain and improve its administrative infrastructure, expand the breadth of academic offerings, manage enrollment, promote diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the School, and develop new and exciting educational modalities, and will champion the creative use of technology to expand the University's ability to teach, learn, research, and work globally. The new Dean will further strengthen the School's online learning capability and, in this area especially, will have opportunity to provide leadership in innovation and experimentation that will benefit other Schools of the University.Application materials should include a resume and letter of interest.
Northeastern D'Amore-McKim Dean Search
Dan Bentle, N2Growth
Email: [email protected]">[email protected]Responsibilities:
Acting in the best interest of the University the Dean will leverage, develop, manage, and advocate for resources and additional funds, and ensure effective fiscal management at the School. The Dean will have the opportunity to actively engage in shaping and planning the future of a full breadth of global offerings. This includes engagement with Academic Deans, Regional Deans and CEOs of Northeastern's 9 network campuses in developing degree programs and offerings that can be accessed across the network. In developing new programs and supporting existing programs, the Dean will be guided by identifying emerging market opportunities as well as by the School's overall strategic vision for 2022-2025, which lays out a roadmap for programs and missions in the coming years. Inspired by the School's mission and vision, the Dean will work to further experiential education and research through industry partnerships and hard-won lessons of practical knowledge, addressing barriers between work and learning, celebrating underrepresented voices, and connecting graduates with employers to participate in a global network of professionals ready to share their insight and expertise, and to advance knowledge.
Goals for the D'Amore-McKim School of Business led by the new Dean will include:
- Along with the Provost and Deans campus-wide, redefining and implementing wholly immersive experiential learning and designing applications throughout the curriculum to create a best-in-class learning experience rich in experiential components.
- Investing in student learning and faculty research customized to the needs of our campuses, cities, and communities globally, incorporating multiple disciplines and perspectives.
- Identifying and activating transformational technologies and processes that expand inclusiveness and the capacity of learners and innovators to connect globally.
- Supporting the build of a more diverse, inclusive university and curriculum engaged in and galvanized around the solving of real-world challenges via highly diverse, interdisciplinary clusters of faculty, students, and partners (each bringing a multiplicity of contexts and perspectives to bear).
- Transforming the School and its programs into a system of knowledge networks, connecting practice to discovery without boundaries.Qualifications:
The successful candidate is creative, entrepreneurial, visionary, and interested in exploring the broad opportunities for the D'Amore-McKim School of Business at Northeastern University. They possess experience ideating, iterating, and managing inclusive programs within a dynamic, innovative, and complex organization. Senior-level management, leadership experience, demonstrated research contributions, and a doctoral degree are required. In addition, the new Dean will demonstrate:
- A highly entrepreneurial mindset combined with a strong team orientation, vision, and a grasp of market dynamics.
- The ability to set goals, make, and implement tough decisions, and inspire individual and community resilience.
- Proven emotionally intelligent managerial leadership and organizational skills. - A strong record of accomplishment in academia and the private sector, including a track record of achieving visibility for successful initiatives.
- Strategic understanding of the collaborative opportunities that will strengthen the D'Amore-McKim School of Business within the context of the University system and an appreciation for the possibilities of leveraging relationships with other Schools and faculty members within Northeastern.
- An understanding and grasp of budgeting and financial planning, including experience leveraging, developing, managing, and advocating for resources. Excellent judgment of the character and potential of people and a proven record of recruiting, mentoring, promoting, and retaining high-performing professionals.
- Appreciation for the breadth and range of disciplines and activities represented within the D'Amore-McKim School of Business, and a commitment to recruit and retain top faculty and lead tenure and promotion evaluations.
- A strong appreciation of the D'Amore-McKim School of Business mission and its accomplishments as a global leader in business education. - Disposition and interest to develop and engage in meaningful relationships with alumni, and current and prospective donors to effectively fundraise. - A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout their career, including supporting and promoting diverse faculty, staff, students, and other stakeholders associated with the School.To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Dunton-Family-Deanship_R100061Documents to Submit:
While applications and nominations will be accepted until a new Dean is selected, interested parties are encouraged to submit their materials to our consultant at the address below by January 31, 2022, to assure optimal consideration. Application materials should include a resume and letter of interest.Northeastern D'Amore-McKim Dean Search
Dan Bentle, N2Growth
Email: [email protected]">[email protected]Position Type
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency