DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusDepartment: Office of AdvancementJob Title: Program Manager of Alumni RelationsPosition #786876 – Requisition #24182
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date and boosters are required of all employees starting 1/24/2022. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.About the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.The Office of Advancement has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Manager of Alumni Relations position.Department Summary:
The University of Colorado Office of Advancement at the Anschutz Medical Campus helps move CU forward by matching benefactor passions with university priorities and initiatives. Charged with raising millions of dollars each year to support education, research and clinical care, we forge relationships and foster connections among CU’s faculty, staff, students and community to advance CU Anschutz’s dual promise of delivering the best health care in the world today while reinventing the health care of tomorrow.We are a hardworking and energetic team of 50 (and growing) fundraising, donor relations and administrative professionals, who are positive, collaborative and benefactor-focused. We welcome you to apply to become part of our team.Job Purpose:
Jobs in this career family involve alumni relations, development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include some communications, grant writing, editing, and project management.The Program Manager of Alumni Relations at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus will serve as an alumni engagement officer for the campus with a primary focus on developing alumni relations programs for the CU School of Dental Medicine and the Colorado School of Public Health. This position partners with the assigned schools and programs to execute an alumni engagement plan that cultivates a community within the alumni base. This position supports engagement strategy, planning and execution; volunteer management; data management; alumni communication and outreach; and relationship building to support the engagement and philanthropic pathway of the alumni population. The ideal individual will be able to work with the Schools, the alumni community and other departments on campus to cultivate meaningful and intentional engagement opportunities and experiences for alumni. Position Emphasis:
The Program Manager of Alumni Relations will be a key driver in the growth of school-based alumni engagement through alumni programs and outreach, alumni volunteer development and the identification and development of key relationships. This position is focused on connecting the alumni community to the school and network through programming and outreach. It will also partner with fundraising colleagues to support the growth of the base of philanthropic support for the assigned schools or programs, with potential project management of alumni giving communications initiatives. The role is focused on engagement of alumni. This position will develop and execute a strategy with the Dean or Director of their assigned programs to identify alumni engagement priorities. This position will also plan and execute programs for alumni, based on the alumni engagement priorities of the school or program this role supports. This position will be responsible for managing a leadership structure of alumni volunteers, such as an alumni council, and for developing relationships with key partners at the School for collaboration, such as the International Student Program, the Student Affairs Office and the Continuing Education office. This role will develop content for alumni communications in partnership with the CU Anschutz Office of Alumni Relations and the related school’s or program’s communication department. This role will support improved contact and engagement data for the alumni population. This role will be an essential, strategic partner in expanding the base of engaged alumni for the assigned programs. This person will be a key member of the Office of Alumni Relations to develop and support strategies that cultivate alumni relationships to encourage a life-long connection to the campus, provides benefits and connection for alumni after graduation, and increases the volunteerism and support of the alumni population to the campus. Examples of Work Performed:
Develops alumni strategies that direct the prioritization of programming goals. Assists with the development and coordination of all alumni events and outreach, which may include reunions, mentoring events, awards events, networking events and speaker events.Recruits, coordinates, supports and supervises alumni volunteers as needed for alumni events, projects and special initiatives.Develops relationships with key partners to find collaboration opportunities. Develops the Alumni Council and other alumni groups as necessary. Manages the alumni award processes, including logistics for alumni award events.Recognizes alumni volunteers for their contribution to the School and alumni association.Evaluates alumni programs and services for customer satisfaction using post-event surveys and measurements.Partners and supports CU Annual Giving colleagues to inform messaging of alumni giving campaigns.Enhances alumni contact information in the CU Advancement CRM and maintains an organized tracking system for reporting and analytics.Develops processes to improve contact data management.Fulfills requests for data related to alumni activities.Works closely with CU Anschutz Office of Alumni Relations team to provide best practice services and support to the alumni population.Develops and maintains a deep understanding of institutional priorities, academic programs and centers of excellence in order to translate these assets into communications and programs to raise awareness within the alumni community.Tracks alumni engagement activities in CU Advancement CRM to show impact of alumni programs.Represents the University at events in order to support the University and cultivate alumni relationships.Able to travel up to 10% (Required for this position)Available for some evenings when required for events and board meetingsAnd various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
Diversity and Equity:
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position starts at $57,094 - $70,000
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.At least four (4) years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising, public relations or a closely related field.Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience in higher education environment or a medical campus environmentExperience in events and volunteer and/or board managementCompetencies:
Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orallyAbility to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institutionOutstanding customer service skillsAbility to execute eventsAbility to manage volunteers successfullyDemonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusionConditions of Employment:
- The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at: https://www.cu.edu/vaccine-requirement
External RelationsPrimary Location:
Dec 21, 2021Unposting Date: