Position Information: Description
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA SCHOOL OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Position #00027493
This position is a twelve (12)-month special appointment with the University of North Dakota (UND) School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS), Department of Biomedical Sciences. The position is renewable for up to 5 years, each year subject to satisfactory performance.Duties & Responsibilities
The Eliazer lab in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at The University of North Dakota School of Medicine and Health Sciences is currently seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Fellow, who is interested in stem cell epigenetics. Studies in the lab are focused on uncovering fundamental biology in the mechanisms of gene transcriptional control, in skeletal muscle stem cells at homeostasis and during tissue regeneration.Successful candidate will investigate how mechanical signals regulate the structure and function of chromatin in stem cell quiescence, activation and differentiation. The candidate will use his/her technical skills in tissue dissections, flow cytometry, tissue culture, isolation of DNA, RNA and Protein, quantitative PCR, western blotting, immunofluorescence staining, microscopy and epigenetic cell based assays to study the epigenetic mechanisms underlying stem cell biology.Candidates must have a PhD in biological sciences and a strong track record of peer-reviewed publications. Candidates with prior experience in mouse genetics, stem cell biology, epigenetics, molecular biology and cell biology are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience in bioinformatic analysis of high throughput data is desired but not required. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work under the supervision of Dr. Eliazer and will be responsible for planning and performing experiments, analyzing and organizing data, preparing manuscripts for publications in peer-reviewed journals, and presenting data at internal and external scientific meetings. Required Competencies
- Knowledge of image, data analyses and presentation software such as Image J, Adobe Photoshop, GraphPad Prism.
- Must be able to formulate experimental hypotheses, analyze and interpret scientific data.
- Excellent organization and time management skills. Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with others and work as an efficient team member.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A Ph.D. in Biological Sciences with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience.
- Demonstrable research experience in mouse genetics, stem cell biology, epigenetics, molecular and cell biology.
- Minimum of one first-author publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with mice.
- Successful completion of a Criminal History Record Check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Preferred Qualifications
Minimum Hiring Salary
- Two or more years of experience working with mouse models.
- Proficiency in mouse handling, genotyping, administering intraperitoneal injections and biological tissue dissections.
- Experience in flow cytometry, cell culture, western blotting, quantitative-PCR, histological tissue processing and immunostaining techniques.
- Experience in next generation sequencing assays.
- Experience with imaging.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with bioinformatic data analyses.
$45,000 annualTo Apply
For full consideration, applications must be received by 01/05/2022 and include the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- CV describing the applicant's education, academic or other professional appointments, comprehensive publication record, and detailed research and technical skills
- A statement of the applicant's research interests
- Contact information for three references
Questions regarding this position may be directed to Dr. Susan Eliazer at [email protected]
Position is open until filled.Additional Information
To find out why living and working in Greater Grand Forks is way cooler, check out Grand Forks is Cooler.
All information listed in this position announcement will be used by Human Resources, the Hiring Department, and EO/Title IX for screening, interviewing and selection purposes.Confidentiality of Application Materials
Pursuant to NDCC 44-04-18.27, applications and any records related to the applications that identify an applicant are confidential, except records related to the finalists of the position, which are open to the public after the search committee has identified the top three or more finalists who will be invited to campus.EEO Statement
The University of North Dakota is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or other protected characteristic. Women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants are invited to provide information regarding their gender, race and/or ethnicity, veteran’s status and disability status as part of the application process. This information will remain confidential and separate from your application.Veteran’s Preference
Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 or NGB 22 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.Clery Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of North Dakota publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. The report includes the university’s policies, procedures, and programs concerning safety and security, as well as three years of crime statistics for our campus. As a prospective employee, you are entitled to a copy of this report. The report and statistical data can be found online at UND.edu. You may also request a paper copy of the report from the UND Police Department located at 3851 Campus Road, Grand Forks, ND, 58202.