Job no: 519570
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Advancement, Office/Clerical, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:50010000 - AD-VP ADVANCEMENT
The Development Administrative Assistant will provide high level administrative support to the Assistant Vice President and the Assistant Vice President of Development/Executive Director of the UF Alumni Association, representing the office to a diverse constituency. This role will plan and execute the administrative operations for the development and alumni offices. The incumbent must have the ability to coordinate multiple projects at a high level of performance, accuracy and speed. This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Organize and handle the administrative details for both Assistant Vice Presidents; provide accurate information in briefings that will be used by the AVPs for meetings with senior leadership.
• Manage accurate calendar for both AVPs; determine priorities for meetings; schedule meetings; confirm meetings; cancel meetings when needed. Schedule prep and debrief time on calendar and anticipate the same for meetings which require more attention. Monitor and update contact information in Outlook.
• Assist in the coordination of travel of both AVP’s, including transportation, lodging, travel itineraries, calendar, maps, research, and travel logistics. Prepare detailed travel itineraries, parking passes, and directional maps. Proactively scan calendar for upcoming conferences/development travel and begin travel planning process. At the completion of travel, proactively collect expenses and receipts for reimbursement; process follow up; process expense reports in a timely fashion.
• Assist with managing and securing garage parking passes for guests and visitors; keep updated records related to parking; may be responsible for distributing passes to guests and visitors.
• Coordinate, plan and implement activities and off-site events that may include other university leadership.
• Oversee organization and upkeep of office filing system and ensure supplies are always in stock.
• Draft correspondence and prepare/oversee the preparation of data driven reports, some of which may be confidential, that the AVPs will use to lead the execution of the Strategic Plan.
• Ensure compliance with all University of Florida and UF Advancement regulations.
• Ensure best practices in office systems, practices, maintain files and record keeping; ensure effective use of strategic tools and resources in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision and Values of Service, Excellence and Team. Routinely updating, scanning and purging when necessary.
• Prioritize multiple assignments and plans to execute strategies under limited timeframes to meet deadlines. Ensure project deliverables are met.
• Serve as the first point of contact for all constituents of the AVP suites. Warmly greet guests and effectively and efficiently manage incoming phone calls. Exemplify the gold standard by creating a professional and hospitable environment with a focus on exceptional customer service.
• Monitor inventory and order supplies when needed. Monitor printers, fax machine and all other office machinery is working properly and stocked with paper and toner. Assist as needed with special lunch meetings, coordinate menu orders and prepare meeting space
Project Management & Team Coordination
• Assist AVP by proactively managing deadlines and deliverables for key meetings and projects. Develop and maintain a rolling task list for AVPs.
• Assist the AVPs with following colleges/units: Alumni Relations & Annual Giving (ARAG), Leadership Annual Giving Officers (LAGO), University Initiatives (UI), Herbert Wertheim College of engineering (HWCOE), Warrington College of Business (WCOB), and Corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR).
• Manage/coordinate scheduling of annual evaluations; ensure meetings are held and appraisals are submitted to meet deadlines.
• Assist in developing and justifying the annual operating budget for the departments throughout the fiscal year; review in detail all disbursement requests from the AVPs direct reports, verifying them for accuracy and appropriateness before submitting to the AVPs for signature; attend annual budget training sessions.
• Participate in meetings as requested.
• Provide support developing strategic materials as requested.
• Prepare standard reports and dashboards for reporting on development initiatives.
• Monitor and execute the team’s internal communications calendar for the organization.
• Prepare and proof correspondence, emails, PowerPoints, agendas, and other documents, as requested by the AVPs.
• Handle transmission of correspondence by mail, fax, e-mail, or other methods as directed; initiate correspondence as necessary to insure the efficient and timely flow of information within the office; retrieve and sort mail as needed.
• Create and send correspondence/communications to affiliated stakeholders and other offices as needed, verifying accuracy of content.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism when communicating with all internal and external stakeholders.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Qualifications:The ideal candidate will possess:
• Minimum of two to three years of high-level administrative experience is strongly preferred.
• Exhibit excellent interpersonal communication skills and be able to work independently and accurately.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop realistic timelines for project completion, with clear benchmarks.
• Ability to influence without authority and proactively communicate with team members as necessary.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to work collegially and interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
• Flexibility and ability to shift tasks to meet urgent deadlines.
• Discretion with sensitive documents and access to confidential information is required and maintaining a professional work environment, including the successful candidate’s work space, is also required.
• Be a team player and support in word and deed the ideals and culture in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision and Values of Service, Excellence and Team.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and a service-oriented attitude are important.
• An appreciation for and support of diversity in the workplace in all its forms; experience in a data-driven environment; organizational skills; and the ability to lead, influence and motivate others are required.
• Working knowledge in these areas: Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, internet browsers, preferably Internet Explorer, E-mail. Working knowledge of a donor database, contact management and tracking system.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and three references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 11 Mar 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Mar 2022 Eastern Daylight Time