Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of the Holland Academic Success Center, a comprehensive academic support unit that includes: academic advising, academic interventions/early alerts, retention outreach, peer education, writing assistance, workshops in college learning strategies, and academic coaching. Lead professional advisors to monitor student academic progress toward degree completion and individual goals. Help students navigate the college experience, guide career development, choose a major or minor, and provide general assistance to meet their needs.
1. Plan, direct, and assess academic support services including holistic academic advising and peer education.
2. Communicate regularly with academic and support units to stay current with program changes.
3. Hire, train, and supervise professional and support staff, and peer educators.
4. Prepare and administer departmental budget.
5. Coordinate academic advising services and ensure accessibility for all students.
6. Serve as co-administrator for academic case load management software and establish and maintain best practices.
7. Provide training to staff and faculty on use of academic case load management software and advising practices.
8. Direct Peer Tutor, Early Alert, Academic Coaching, Writing Help Desk, Buffett Scholars, and other learning and retention programs and services.
9. Oversee mentorship and networking initiatives (i.e. Peer mentoring, Teammates+).
10. Maintain an advising caseload and meet regularly with students to provide academic coaching, advising, and assistance.
11. Promote office services and programs to students, college staff, parents, and other stakeholders.
12. Oversee and administer CLEP testing.
13. Provide leadership for New Student Registration and Transfer Student Registration events in collaboration with the office of admissions.
14. Coordinate activities and communication with faculty, disability student services, counseling, athletics, and TRIO.
15. Create academic success training programs for students and the campus community.
16. Serve on committees as requested or appointed.
17. Serve as liaison among academic and other student support areas.
18. Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s degree
• 3 years related professional experience.
• Experience in higher education student services offices (Advising, Records, Financial Aid, etc.)
• Experience with case management software
• Five or more years of related experience in academic support in higher education
• Creative problem solver
• Demonstrated knowledge and implementation of best practices in academic support services in higher education
• Demonstrated interest and satisfaction working directly with students
• Demonstrated supervisory experience and team-building skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills