: Student AffairsLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Dec 16, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 47616Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget Title: Staff Assistant (SL-2)
Salary: minimum $45,000
The Assistant Business Analyst will report to the Assistant Director of Business Operations for Student Affairs and will work closely with teams from Parking, Transportation, and Auxiliary Services. They will be responsible for reconciliation and reporting of financial and operating data, on both a routine and ad-hoc basis, to support the operations of Transportation Services, Parking, and Auxiliary Services (dining, bookstore, vending, and other areas). They will also assist Business Operations staff in monitoring financial areas throughout the Division of Student Affairs.
- Assemble data from a variety of sources in a variety of formats to create management reports for decision support. May include monthly operating statements, dashboards, and a variety of ad hoc reports to support questions
- Work with Parking Services staff on a daily reconciliation of parking receipts with banking and credit card records, as well as University business systems. Coordinate with TAPS staff and Business Office staff on reconciliation issues
- Assist with monitoring budgets and preparing reports for multiple financial areas within Student Affairs
- Build positive relationships across the university, supporting business and financial initiatives
- Associate degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field and 2 years of professional experience or Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field
- Excellent computer skills including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, with extensive experience using Excel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to see projects through to completion with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be comfortable managing and prioritizing multiple demands and tasks simultaneously and independently, as well as working as part of a team
- Experience working with Access databases
- Experience working with NYS financial systems and accounting structure
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: December 30, 2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.