Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who will serve in a part-time role as the primary point of contact between the Student Life Office and external and internal constituencies, collaborate with Assistant Dean for Student Success and Campus Community to mentor team of students who assist the office in receptionist, clerical, and basic administrative roles and manage the office workflow. The position will also provide administrative support for student success initiatives as directed by Assistant Deans of Student Life and CARE team, coordinate communication with faculty and staff regarding student absences, monitor student participation in mandatory programming, and manage the office calendar and events.
The incumbent will be expected to exercise careful judgment in shaping the office calendar of events as well as possess a high level of diplomacy, confidentiality, time management skills, independent thinking, initiative, self-motivation and discretion with sensitive information.
This position is budgeted to work 20 hours per week during the entire calendar year. NWU offers a competitive wage and benefits for this 50% position including Life Insurance, Disability benefits, Retirement, paid vacation, sick leave and holiday pay, and 100% tuition discount for dependents after one year of service among other benefits.
- Maintains the VP of Student Affairs and Student Life office calendars
- Manages logistics for and supporting Student Life staff and directors’ meetings and professional development
- Prepares materials and provides administrative support for Student Affairs Committee of Board of Governors
- Provides primary phone and walk-in office reception
- Provides day-to-day operational support for the VP of Student Affairs Office and assists VP with preparation of correspondence, meeting agendas, minutes, reports and other documents, some highly confidential in nature
- Oversees office budget accounts, processes invoices for payment and monitors expenditures; reconciles credit card receipts and monthly statements
- Manages contracts and budget for student life office technology, student life office member travel, student life office programming, student life contractual partnerships, office equipment and supplies
- Provides administrative support for Student Health Center including taking calls and making appointments when Student Health staff are unavailable, handling office maintenance tasks (mail pick up, credit card reconciliation), particularly when Student Health office is closed during breaks
- Serves as point of contact and building manager for issues related to the Roy G. Story Student Center: handles requests for after-hours access, collaborates with Bookstore and Dining services, monitoring condition of building, works to ensure appropriate room scheduling for student activities
- Serves as a Campus Security Authority for reporting of misconduct and crime to University Administrators
- Performs other duties as assigned
- One to two years of previous experience in an office setting
- Experience and knowledge in planning and scheduling techniques
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with budget or financial account management and bill reconciliation
- Must be able to work with and communicate effectively with a diverse community of students, faculty, staff, administration, and external stakeholders to understand their needs and utilize independent judgment on how to build relationships
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Share Point, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills, be detail-oriented, adaptable, flexible, and work with multiple interruptions
- Ability to set and achieve goals related to time lines, and project management
- Ability to handle stress of multiple simultaneous demands
- Ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
- Familiarity with FERPA preferred
SalaryDOE/QCommitment to Diversity
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Applicants are encouraged to demonstrate how they are able to enhance and embrace this University core value in a diversity statement submitted as part of their application materials.
Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a resume, a diversity statement as a writing sample, and the names of three professional references at the following URL: https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.