Assistant Football Coach-Recruiting CoordinatorPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Assist the Head Football Coach with all facets of the football program including, but not limited to, recruiting, scouting, player and team development, academic monitoring, team travel, camps and clinics.
- Serve as Recruiting Coordinator—maintain database, manage communications and prospect information, generate and update recruiting calendars and schedules, assign recruiting territories among staff, coordinate visits with enrollment, evaluate and communicate with PSA’s, recruit and retain qualified student-athletes.
- Serve as Special Teams Coordinator- oversee all phases of our kick game including, overall scheme and philosophy, practice planning, game preparation, strategy, and adjustments.
- Hire, train, and supervise team managers.
- Responsible for all facets of an offensive or defensive position group as assigned by the Head Football Coach.
- Game preparation including scouting and film breakdown as assigned.
- Assist with practice preparation and organization.
- Assist with off-season program evaluations, film breakdown, and preparations.
- Assist with in-game strategies, adjustments, and decision making.
- Responsible for on-field and in-practice teaching, coaching, demonstration.
- Conduct individual workouts and skill development as needed.
- Work with Strength and Conditioning staff as need.
- Coordinate game promotions and work with sports information on all game programs, poster designs, etc.
- Serve as Director for all camps and clinics.
- Ensure adherence to the rules, regulations, and policies of all governing bodies—Juniata College Athletics, Juniata College, Centennial Conference, and National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- Participate in overall administration of the Athletics Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending all mandatory department activities and functions, membership on department and campus committees, and participation upon request in enrollment, fundraising, and/or promotional events.
- Serve as Spring Game Manager, as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Football Coach and/or the Director of Athletics.
Juniata College believes in and embraces the liberal arts and as such, we encourage and seek mutual benefit through diversity of thought and approach which enriches our academic community, as well as the lives of our students and colleagues. Juniata College is committed to creating a welcoming community supported by relationships based on collaboration and mutual respect. We endeavor to create an inclusive learning environment where members with different perspectives and backgrounds can learn, contribute, and thrive. Please join us… AA/EOEPosition Qualifications:
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules, regulations, and the Division III philosophy.
- 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, strategize, recruit, manage, and represent a highly competitive college football program.
Receives direct supervision from the Head Football Coach. Works collaboratively and supportively with other individuals and groups. Hires, trains, and supervises student managers, providing specific direction and oversight of assignments and responsibilities.Open Date:
12/16/2021Open Until Filled: