VPR-Owens Inst Behavioral RschAbout the University of Georgia:
The University of Georgia (UGA), a land-grant and sea-grant university with statewide commitments and responsibilities, is the state’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education (https://www.uga.edu/). UGA is currently ranked among the top 15 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA was founded in 1785 by the Georgia General Assembly as the first state-chartered University in the country. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 39,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 9,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.Posting Type:
TRS or ORPEmployment Type:
Benefits EligibleFull/Part time:
Full TimeAdditional Schedule Information:
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Advertised Salary:
$42,000 - $54,000 commensurate with experiencePosting Date:
10/15/2021Open until filled:
YesProposed Starting Date:
11/15/2021Location of Vacancy:
Athens Area EEO Policy Statement:
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR ([email protected]).UGA Statement:
PLEASE NOTE: On December 7, 2021, the federal District Court for the Southern District of Georgia issued a preliminary injunction against enforcing the vaccine requirement forClassification Title:
Federal Contractors pending further review. As a result, the requirements of the Executive Order and associated guidance, including the vaccination requirement for covered contractor employees, are currently not in effect.
The University of Georgia is a Federal Contractor as defined by Presidential Executive Order 14042 and subject to the requirement that Federal Contractors must ensure that all covered employees, including those working remotely, are fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022. You may be required to show proof of your fully vaccinated status at the time of your start date, or have received a medical or religious exemption from the fully vaccinated requirement at the time of your start date. For more information regarding the Federal Contractor fully vaccinated employment requirement please visit https://coronavirus.uga.edu/executive-order/ or call (706) 542-2222.
Grants & Contracts ProfessionalFLSA:
Requires at least a baccalaureate degree in the field. Please contact your Human Resources office for an evaluation of education/experience in lieu of the required minimum qualifications.Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of UGA systems preferred.Position Summary:
The Grants Manager will provide full oversight and management of restricted accounts for Fellows and Affiliates of the Owens Institute for Behavioral Research and serve as primary contact for the PI. This will encompass all aspects of post-award grants management to include: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
1) Ensuring project personnel are being paid from the sponsored project in accordance with project budget, sponsor and state guidelines.
2) Account monitoring and projecting spending on grant accounts and providing monthly status reports.
3) Ensure grant spending is in compliance with UGA and funding agency guidelines and accounts are audit ready.
4) Work within UGA systems including UGA Jobs, UGA Financial Management System, UGA Budget Management System, and UGAMart to create, route, and approve all grant expenditures. Pcard
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, concepts, and procedures of business administration, and skill in applying accounting and financial management principles. Physical Demands:
• Knowledge of university, state and federal policies concerning financial and personnel matters.
• Thorough knowledge of UGA financial and Human Resources systems, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business information systems and software.
• Ability to work independently on complex issues related to day-to-day operations of restricted accounts.
• Ability to produce and maintain reports and records.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population.
• Strong customer service orientation and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty and staff.
• Analytical skills to perform research on policies and procedures.
Sitting, standing, walking.Is driving a responsibility of this position?:
NoIs this a Position of Trust?:
YesDoes this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?:
YesDoes this position require a P-Card? :
YesIs having a P-Card an essential function of this position? :
YesDoes this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?:
NoDoes this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications):
YesCredit and P-Card policy:
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.Duties/Responsibilities:
Account Management:Percentage of time:
1) Monitor expenditures and project spending on restricted accounts to ensure investigators are updated regarding the status of funds available to them and are able to access the funds efficiently and within the sponsor and state guidelines. Provide account detail statements to PIs monthly or quarterly pending PI preference. Provide scenario-based figures when requested and provide assistance as needed to compile budget information for reports to funding agency. Assist with account closeouts.
2) Monitor, balance, and project spending on state accounts. This may include departmental accounts as well as individual indirect cost return accounts and UGARF accounts for Fellows of the Institute.
Personnel Management: Percentage of time:
1) Work with faculty’s home department business managers to ensure Key Personnel effort is being applied in accordance with the restricted account project budget. This includes ensuring course and research buyouts are in place, effort is applied and distributed appropriately throughout the project budget year, working with the Research Administration Manager to ensure any discrepancies are addressed internally and externally.
2) Add direct hire positions in UGAJobs and add funding to positions in OneUSG Connect. Work with OIBR HR representative to post benefits-eligible positions for which recruitment will take place or to execute position evaluation or position modification actions for sponsored projects personnel.
3) Ensure tuition waivers are in place for graduate students on OIBR restricted accounts.
4) Work with VIP office when appropriate.
Expense Management: Percentage of time:
Review, delegate and approve transactions processed by senior accountant and/or sponsored project personnel relevant to individual project caseload. Specific common restricted account procurement actions include purchase of project supplies, facilitating consulting agreements, subrecipient invoice monitoring, vendor payments, personal reimbursements, and travel reimbursements.
Petty Cash Reviewer:Percentage of time:
As reviewer, ensure records are accurately kept and all appropriate safeguards are in place and being followed.
For questions concerning this position or recruitment progression, please refer to the Recruitment Contact listed below. For assistance with your application or login, please email [email protected]