This position serves as the primary technology leader for services that support the administrative and business functions of the institution. Includes business capability and process automation, financial and procurement systems, human resource systems, library systems, and student information systems. This position is also responsible for working closely with administrative and academic leaders to create a shared vision and strategic plan for achieving the University's goals and objectives.
Reports to: Associate Vice President for IT
Supervises: Business Analysts, CRM and Data Administrators
Serves on: Administrative Systems, Business Systems, Data Services, and lnfoSec Teams
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as the primary leader to the organization's business ecosystem to leverage strategic information systems and information technology to achieve the goals and objectives of the University.
- Work directly and closely with the University's business and academic leaders to help drive adoption and assimilation of enterprise information systems and business systems including developing, delivering, and coordinating end-user technology training for applications and systems.
- Provide oversight for all facets of the University's enterprise level software including designing, planning, implementing, monitoring, maintaining, and upgrading all components of the systems.
- Work with others in developing procedures and policies related to responsible system use by employees and students
- Provide project management best practices to ensure successful implementation enterprise application systems
- Lead in continuous service improvements through specific technology services such as business process streamlining, business relationship management, and business analysis.
- Determine and develop IT vendor relationships with key partners that will enable the successful implementation of the Enterprise Applications Strategic Plan
- Interact closely with all IT Directors and others in performing these duties.
- Interact with students, employees, and outside constituents in a responsive, positive manner.
- Serve in other ways as needed or requested.
A master's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, and 3-5 years of experience in higher education enterprise application systems with preference given to applicants with prior Ellucian Colleague administration. This position requires critical thinking, troubleshooting, multitasking skills, interpersonal and communication skills. The ideal candidate will have a proven record with demonstrated ability to take or give direction, research solutions, work independently, document completed work, teach others and work with a broad range of people and systems.
Successful candidates must be professing Christians who are active members of a local church, enthusiastically support Union University's Identity, Mission and Core Values, and articulate a Christian worldview in their work and life.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of: Ellucian Colleague, Technolutions Slate CRM, and other higher ed enterprise systems
Skills in: Management and leadership, change management, project management, and business process design
Ability to: Lead teams and individuals to achieve strategic goals
Work closely with business units and functional area leaders Communicate effectively and be a team player
The work performed by this position is of a general office/administrative nature but does include the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Work performed does require some walking on campus, extended periods of time sitting, and some daily instances of bending, stooping, and carrying items up to 25 pounds.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described nor are they intended to be a complete listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. The incumbent in this position is expected to perform other duties as assigned.