PG191402EPInternal Recruitment :
Lecturer or Assistant Teaching Professor - FinanceAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience.Work Schedule:
Varies Hours as Needed - Day and EveningJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Business ManagementAbout the Department:
North Carolina State University is located in Raleigh, NC, within minutes of the technology-rich companies of the Research Triangle Park region and also near Duke University and UNC at Chapel Hill. With some 34,000 students and over 200-degree programs at the bachelor’s, master’s, professional, and doctoral levels, NC State is a major research university with traditional strengths in science and technology research. Its 1,000 acres Centennial Campus adjoins the 700-acre main campus and has been recently selected as the Best University Research Park in the United States.Essential Job Duties:
The Business Management department is highly interdisciplinary, housing faculty with teaching and research program in Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Finance and Analytics/IT. Academic courses are offered at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
To learn more about our department, visit: https://poole.ncsu.edu/business-management/
Primary responsibility for this full-time, non-tenure-track position is teaching Finance courses in the undergraduate program, beginning Fall 2022. Title and compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience and credentials. The candidate is expected to teach various finance courses related to Financial Management, Investments and Portfolio Management, or related courses. The ideal candidate will have the ability to teach introductory Financial Management to undergraduate students in a large lecture setting, along with traditional and/or online course delivery appropriate for undergraduate students. The ideal candidate will also have a commitment to inclusiveness and diversity and a commitment to academic excellence. Other Responsibilities:
Lecturer typically teaches four class sections (12 credit hours) per semester (1-2 sections for each course). Assistant Teaching Professor typically teaches three class sections per semester (1-2 sections for each course), with additional scholarly research responsibilities. Candidates must also be contributing faculty members to department and college service activities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Develop and deliver assigned course(s) under the direction of the Business Management Department head.
- Contributing member of Department and College faculty.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the department head.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Lecturer candidates must have MBA or relevant master’s degree in finance or related discipline.
- Teaching Assistant Professor candidates should have a DBA or Ph.D.
- Extensive knowledge of financial decision-making by businesses, including advanced theory and practice in evaluating financial statements, capital budgeting, cash flow management, and debt and equity valuation.
- In the fields of investment and portfolio management, the applicant should be knowledgeable in security analysis, modern portfolio theory, and risk-return concepts.
- Experience in financial management positions in private or public organizations
- Demonstrated teaching interest and ability.
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
- Evidence of high-quality university-level teaching in Finance through, for example, teaching evaluations and letters of recommendation.
- Statement or other evidence of a commitment to inclusiveness and diversity.
- Statement or other evidence of a commitment to academic excellence.
- Teaching experience or professional experience in finance is preferred, in addition to other criteria as established by departmental rules.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
12/15/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application please submit a resume/CV, letter of Application/Cover Letter (including an expression of the applicant’s level of commitment to inclusiveness and diversity and an expression of the applicant’s level of commitment to academic excellence), and the contact information for at least three (3) professional references.Position Number:
OPTIONAL: Applicants may also submit evidence of teaching excellence (teaching evaluations and/or recommendation letters as “other document (1) and (2)”
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
202001 - Business Management-coll Of MgAA/EEO:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.