Executive Director of Enrollment Management, School of Continuing Studies Georgetown University
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsExecutive Director of Enrollment Management, School of Continuing Studies - Georgetown University
Georgetown's School of Continuing Studies (SCS)
offers graduate programs in professional and liberal studies, professional certificate programs, custom, and corporate training and education, summer school and special programs, and the University's only part-time bachelor's program. By pairing seasoned scholars and practitioners with innovative educational programming, SCS prepares students with the skills needed to succeed in today's evolving business landscape.
The Executive Director of Enrollment Management
works to engage and expand the pool of prospective and current students through strategic initiatives that will target specific and diverse populations including summer high school and visiting undergraduates, adult professionals for undergraduate and graduate programs, and professionals seeking non-degree courses and certificate programs in a variety of skill and field areas; and targets regional, national, and international students for classroom-based, hybrid, and online modalities.
The Executive Director
is responsible for the creation, coordination, and implementation of recruitment, admissions, and retention strategies in alignment with SCS's strategic plan, to achieve enrollment objectives, academic program priorities, and financial targets for SCS. They provide leadership and management of the entire enrollment management process - including analyzing enrollment trends and developing data-driven strategic recommendations, forecasting enrollment demand, recruitment of new students, admissions, scholarship management and development, retention of existing students, VA benefits certification process for non-credit students, and graduation processes. The Executive Director is charged with managing and motivating a dedicated staff that is both results-oriented and student-centered.
Reporting to the Dean of the School of Continuing Studies, the Executive Director of Enrollment Management
hires, supervises, and develops full-time staff members, including those working in admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management capacities, and has duties that include but are not limited to:Recruitment Strategy and Management
Retention Strategy and Management
- Develop and execute a strategic recruitment plan that leverages best- and innovative practices and policies to achieve program-specific enrollment targets for all SCS graduate, undergraduate, and non-credit professional certificate programs; collaborate with the English Language Center and the Summer and High School programs to achieve specific international and domestic enrollment targets.
- Coordinate the planning of comprehensive, multi-year enrollment goals to achieve the academic, financial, and program objectives of SCS, in alignment with SCS's overall strategy.
- Oversee the direction and implementation of applications for SCS degree and non-degree programs.
- Maximize yields at all stages of the enrollment cycle.
- Develop and execute a customer service-oriented strategy for qualifying leads, communicating with prospective students, cultivating strong applicant relationships, and tracking recruitment performance from inquiry through to registration.
- Meet regularly with various SCS unit leads to report on enrollment projections and yields.
- Collaborate on strategic school-wide and enrollment-driven marketing efforts, and the design and execution of admissions collateral, including prospective student communications plans from the point of initial contact through matriculation.
- Collaborate with SCS's Data Intelligence Group to define metrics to be collected, conduct analyses, and develop models providing actionable insights.
- Use data-driven models to segment applicant populations, maximize yields, provide periodic assertions about potential growth areas for existing and planned academic programs, enable accurate forward-looking enrollment projections, and guide programs in developing classroom sizing and capacity-management strategies.
- Collaborate and consult with other SCS departments (Office of the Dean, Academic Affairs, Academic Programs, Marketing, Digital Strategy, and Office of Finance & Operations), as well as Main Campus entities (Provost's Office, Registrar, UIS, OSFS, etc.), for best practices and coordination of enrollment management efforts, including strategies for involving alumni, current students, and adjunct faculty members.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs to develop, document, communicate, and manage admissions policies and practices for the School.
- Lead the Enrollment Management committee, comprised of representatives of all academic programs and central offices, and serving to facilitate the sharing of best practices; monitor enrollments and track progress towards financial goals; and discuss current problems to identify and implement solutions.
- Develop and execute effective and accessible enrollment reports to communicate enrollment progress and plans to the Dean, Dean's Cabinet, staff, and administrators.
- Develop and manage scholarship strategy and tactics.
Administrative: Personnel, Budget and Resource Management
- Analyze enrollment trends, semester-to-semester enrollment, graduation projections, and current student needs with the goal of providing semester and annual enrollment targets to the Dean and program leaders.
- Maximize student retention throughout the academic lifecycle.
- Devise and implement retention goals and strategies - e.g., defining the effects of issues on the populations enrolled in SCS programs; working with the academic programs to create strategies to address them; and providing assessments on the impact these effects are having on the general enrollments of the School overall.
- Coordinate the use of SCS's student- and alumni-facing CRM systems to manage all retention- and recruitment-oriented communications with current SCS students and alumni.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs and Student Services to design, develop, and implement strategies to enhance student retention, utilizing SCS's student- and alumni-facing CRM systems.
- Supervise all admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management staff members.
- Work with Academic Affairs and the Office of Student Financial Services on financial aid and scholarship issues.
- Coordinate with applicable academic programs for the administration of tuition scholarships for all SCS students.
- Coordinate with appropriate offices for the distribution of tuition scholarships based upon SCS guidelines, as well as strategies related to recruitment.
- In collaboration with the Dean of the School of Continuing Studies and the Chief Financial Officer, develop and manage the admissions and enrollment management budget.
- Conduct assessments of all processes and technologies, and implement targeted improvements.
- Plan, budget, and manage productive relationships with third-party vendors of recruitment services and technologies.
- Master's degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a university setting
- Substantial supervisory experience is necessary to effectively administer this position and to manage and lead a high-functioning admissions and recruitment team
- Demonstrated understanding of the development and implementation of successful enrollment management strategies for both domestic and international markets
- Ability to manage diverse tasks with frequent interruptions and to meet deadlines with competing demands
- Ability to professionally counsel applicants regarding academic programs
- Ability to build and manage productive relationships with both internal stakeholders and external vendors and partners
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Excel
- Experience with business intelligence software, including one or more of Cognos, Looker, and Salesforce Reporting & Dashboards
- Comprehensive understanding of enrollment data analysis, report development, and report delivery mechanisms
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis, tools/software, and methodologies, and their productive application in a recruitment setting
- Preparation to demonstrate hands-on expertise in the development, management, understanding, and maintenance of complex statistical and data models used for the analysis of admissions/recruitment data and, development of projections and other forecasting tools
- Ability to adapt to new technology as needed
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with various academic offices, as well as with prospect, student, and alumni populations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-confidence in high-level settings
- Strong performance record
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent team player
Work Mode: Hybrid 2 Days.
- Experience overseeing recruitment and/or retention for international programs in a global setting is a strong plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Banner, Cognos, MyAccess, TargetX, and Salesforce
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University's mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources Mode of Work Designation
.Preference given to candidates who apply no later than 5 pm on Saturday, January 15, 2022.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2716047
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency