Job Code and Payroll Title
004819 PRACTICE CRD 2
Under direct supervision and guided by the procedures of UCSF Dental Center, the Practice Coordinator II is responsible for providing practice support to the Predoctoral clinics (Parnassus and Buchanan) and assists student dentists in meeting their requirements. The Practice Coordinator II is responsible for the registration and patient processing in the practice and for the opening and closing of students’ schedules in accordance with the clinic policy and as approved by clinic directors. They are the direct liaison between patients and students in any level of care.
They work as a team member and consistently project a professional and courteous demeanor. The Practice Coordinator II is required to comply with UCSF and School of Dentistry standards and to demonstrate excellent customer service skills with patients and staff. The Practice Coordinator II must have the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and work well with staff, students, patients, and providers.
The Practice Coordinator is required to work at any Predoctoral clinic locations as needed and scheduled.
The job will involve the ability to sit at a computer terminal with telephone headphones for extended periods of time.
Practice Coordinator II
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Teamsters Local 2010 - Clerical and Allied Services Unit (CX)
Administrative Support, Dentistry
• High School graduate or equivalent with 2 years of related experience; or college degree and 6 months of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience with appointment scheduling.
• Basic math skills.
• Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong writing skills to include the ability to compose, edit, and proof a wide variety of documents.
• Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills.
• Ability to analyze situations, prioritize, and develop solutions, and make recommendations.
• Ability to work independently at the reception desk.
• Ability to use good judgment and work independently at times under the pressure of deadlines.
• Excellent customer service and communication/interpersonal skills, both over the telephone and directly.
• Proven ability to deal with a wide variety of individuals.
• Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with ill patients.
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medical record data abstraction, or patient financial services.
• Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three.
• Prior experience with EPIC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Since our founding in 1881, the UCSF School of Dentistry (SOD) has striven to educate the leading practitioners, scholars and faculty members of the next generation. As a leading institution of oral and craniofacial health, our educational programs have grown to include, in addition to our DDS programs, an array of PhD, post-graduate and residency programs. Our student dentists, residents and faculty handle over 120,000 patient visits a year in our comprehensive UCSF Dental Center, and our students staff numerous community-based externship sites. The school is one of the top oral and craniofacial research enterprises in the world, ranked the top dental school in the country in research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) for 25 years, and home to several leading translational research programs.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world’s leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Parnassus Heights (SF)