Civil Service -Extra HelpClassification Title:
Extra Help - AdministrativePosition's Functional Title:
Program Enrollment and Recruitment Aide - Extra HelpPosition Summary:
The Extra Help Program Enrollment and Recruitment Aide will assist the Family Services Team and actively recruit eligible families to the programs offered at the Family Development Center. This position will assist eligible and interested families with the enrollment process and be the first point of contact. Under the Family Services Director, this position will abide by eligibility requirements under the Head Start Performance Standards and ISBE Preschool For All requirements. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Actively recruit within the community/service area and attend events to reach out to potential families. Recruitment outreach includes; traveling to local communities, handing out door-to-door flyers, leaving materials at community businesses, agencies and schools, attending community meetings, mailing flyers, returning phone calls and providing tours to any interested families.
2. Identifies potential community agencies, health and dental clinics, and other resources for partnerships and shares information with Family Services Director.
3. Contact and communicate with interested families via phone and/or in-person.
4. Encourage and assist them in applying for admission to the program.
5. Assist families with the intake process by reviewing documents, and completing enrollment forms as well as DCFS/EHS health requirements. Offer assistance or refer to the appropriate FDC representative involving the Child Care Assistance Program.
6. Plan for activities that will promote recruitment and enrollment within the FDC/campus and community.
7. Track information and data regarding enrollment and recruitment efforts.
8. Share efforts and tracking information with the Family Services Director and Family Services Specialist.
9. Work with the Family Services Specialist(s) and Home Based Visitors to assure a seamless enrollment or transition process.
10. Work with the interdisciplinary team including the Family Services Director, Health Services Director, Education Director, Center Director, and Bookkeeper.
1. Help plan and attend parent engagement events.
2. Attend required/requested Early Head Start/Preschool For All, DCFS, Gateways training programs.
1. Adhere to all plans, policies, and procedures of Governors State University, Family Development Center, and Early Head Start.
2. Stays well informed regarding family engagement and recruitment.
3. Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
4. Comply with regulatory health requirements, including; a pre-employment physical and lift test. Provide proof of MMR and DTAP immunizations, initial TB test, and annual DCFS Physical Exam.
5. Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
6. Review GSU work email and respond as needed.
• High School Degree.• Must be able to read, write, and do basic calculations.Preferred Qualifications:
• General knowledge of child development and family services.
• At a minimum, a credential or certification in social work, human services, family services, counseling, or a related field within eighteen months of hire.
• Prior experience working within an early childhood center and family services.
• Valid Drivers License and use of a dependable insured car.
12/13/2021Open Until Filled:
CS0564PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6394Special Instructions to Applicants:
Must be willing to travel locally.
Must be able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.