Technical Assistant, Office of the Registrar HV-NTP-12821
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Troy,New York,United States
Application closes: 2022-04-08
Founded in 1953, Hudson Valley Community College is located in Troy, NY and offers more than 80 degree and certificate programs in three schools: Business and Liberal Arts; Health Sciences; and Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). Hudson Valley is one of 30 community colleges in the State University of New York (SUNY) system and serves nearly 9,000 students each year. The college is a recognized leader in career and transfer preparation, workforce training initiatives, distance learning and service to a diverse population of students. Hudson Valley has an extension center in Malta, NY known as HVCC North and sponsors the Capital District Educational Opportunity Center in Troy, NY. With more than 80,000 alumni and nearly 1,000 employees, the college and is a catalyst for educational opportunity and economic development in the Capital Region of New York State.
Hudson Valley seeks experienced, dynamic, capable, creative and caring individuals who would like to join our team and continue to build on decades of successful service to our community.
Applications are being accepted for Technical Assistant on the Non-Teaching Professional staff for the Office of the Registrar.
Please note: In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not support Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
Technical Assistant, Office of the Registrar HV-NTP-12821
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university with one year of full-time experience in a post-secondary setting involving direct student contact and routine use of student records and record systems; Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ellucian Banner experience and technical ad hoc report writing preferred.
Nature and Scope of Duties:
The Technical Assistant, Office of the Registrar, reports to an Assistant Registrar or his/her designee and may perform any or all of the following: responding to customer inquiries (counter, phone, or via email); maintenance of the student academic record and the course equivalency system; processing of course withdrawals and counseling of students who totally withdraw; processing of veterans’ benefits; degree clearance; registration; scanning/archiving of documents; testing of the Banner and imaging systems; and with creation of reports in support of office and institutional functions and processes. The Technical Assistant also performs the following duties:
• Assists customers at the counter, on the telephone, and via email with questions regarding student status, policies and procedures, and other general office inquiries.
• Assists with maintenance, accuracy and production of permanent student academic records, including data integrity checking using reporting software.
• Assists with the maintenance of the course equivalency systems.
• Assists with the processing of course withdrawals and facilitates the total withdrawal process. Counsel’s students on the impact withdrawing from College will have on the student’s academic standing, financial aid, the student account, and/or eligibility for re- admission.
• Processes veterans’ enrollment certifications and all related activities.
• Assists with the processing of grade changes.
• Assists with the processing of transfer credit.
• Assists with the review of students’ records for graduation eligibility and the organization of the graduation process, including the printing of student diplomas and preparation of licensure paperwork.
• Assists with registration-related activities, including, but not limited to, the following:
a) Assists with planning and coordination of special group registration projects:
i. High school programs
ii. Hospital programs
iii. Other off-campus groups as necessary
b) Monitors the registration process in coordination with the Scheduling Office, the Office of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions, and the Office of High School Programs and Outreach.
• Assists with planning and coordination of scanning/archiving projects, including:
a) Coordinates and oversees all aspects of daily scanning/archiving, including:
i. Preparation, scanning, indexing, and retrieval of documents with very little supervision.
ii. Exercises independent judgement in managing projects and assigning work as needed.
iii. Trains and supervises staff in the course of project preparation and
b) Identifies issues and works closely with Registrar, Associate Registrar, Assistant Registrar, and Information Technology Services.
• Assists with technical functions, including:
a) Testing of the imaging system and Banner, both upgrade testing and troubleshooting.
b) Creation of data, downloads, queries, and reports in support of office and institutional functions and processes.
• Assists other offices within the Division of Enrollment Management and Student Development on an as-needed basis.
• Performs other related duties, including general office functions, as may be assigned by the Office’s supervisory staff.
This is a full-time 12-month position with a salary of $37,500.
Hudson Valley offers a competitive benefit package which includes low cost health insurance and a generous leave policy.
To apply, please visit www.hvcc.edu/jobs and complete the online application before the close date of April 8, 2022.
Hudson Valley provides educational access to a diverse community of traditional and non-traditional learners in an environment that fosters lifelong learning and freedom of inquiry and expression. Hudson Valley values equity, inclusion, and dignity for all.
Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Bi-lingual applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer