Job Number: 501273About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Department of Research
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Research Dentistry - 991863Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and implements research projects, pursue significant grant funding, and publishes scholarly works.
2. Engages sin collaborative scholarly activities within and outside of the department.
3. Teaches didactic and clinical courses.
4. Teaches research content.
5. Mentors faculty and students in research methods and analysis
6. Participates in department, college-wide, and university-wide committees, and meetings.
7. Participates in department, college, university, and community service.
8. Writes grant proposals to procure external research funding.
9. Reviews papers for publication in journals.
10. Supervises undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship, and research work.
11. Maintains a personal professional development plan, which includes research or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
12. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
Service & Professional Development
1. Actively identifies opportunities and provides service relating to fields of expertise for the benefit of internal and external communities.
2. Participate in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
Other Assigned Duties
1. Collaborates with staff and colleagues to address teaching and research issues, and to improve students' learning experiences.
2. Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
3. Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences.
4. Mentors junior and adjunct faculty members.
5. Completes projects as required.
6. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
Support and interact in the research activities of the Department. Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Oral Healthcare- Comprehensive knowledge of the information and contemporary research techniques used in Dentistry to diagnose and treat patients. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventative health-care measures.
2. Education and Training – General knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
3. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
1. Speaking - Advanced skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Instructing - Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
3. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Learning Strategies - Proficient skills in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
6. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
7. Active Learning - Proficient skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
8. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
9. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. May be required to work nights or weekends.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements:
DDS or DMD from an accredited U.S. Dental College or equivalent foreign dental school.Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
DDS or DMD from an accredited U.S. Dental College or equivalent foreign dental schoolMajor (if required): Required Experience:
For Assistant Professor rank: Experience teaching in a dental school
For Associate Professor rank: Continued professional growth and success in full-time university teaching for four (4) years at the rank of Assistant Professor; scholarly contributions to the university, higher education, or one's academic area(s) of specialization that have received peer recognition.
For Professor rank: Continued professional growth and success in full-time university teaching for five (5) years at the rank of Associate Professor; significant scholarly contributions to the university, higher education, or one's academic area(s) of specialization that have that have been recognized as substantial by one's peers.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Prior teaching and academic leadership experience in higher ed
2. Oral health research. Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Dec 13, 2021 Eastern Standard Time