Director for EnrollmentLOCATION:
On-site, Redlands and Rancho Cucamonga CADEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
School of EducationAPPOINTMENT:
Full-time, Administrative, Twelve (12) MonthSTARTING SALARY:
Commensurate with Experience and EducationINTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) yearPOSITION AVAILABLE:
December 13, 2021APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the School of Education Director of Enrollment, assists in all phases of the recruitment and admissions process for students entering graduate and credential programs within the School of Education, giving special attention to the Rancho Cucamonga region. This position has primary responsibility for recruiting prospective students through events, telephone activity, person-to-person counseling appointments, and general outreach.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Recruits, counsels, and enrolls prospective School of Education students. Represents the University and the School in district outreach, recruitment activities, and marketing events to enhance the School of Education’s profile and to generate new leads.
- Effectively communicates the School’s ideas about challenging the systems that make education and community support inaccessible, and its mission to strengthen social and educational justice.
- Replies through various methods to all inquiry responses from walk-ins, telephone, direct mail, internet, and website interaction with the intent of scheduling appointments and enrolling into appropriate programs.
- Counsels prospective students on admission requirements and procedures, state testing, fieldwork, state requirements, district guidelines, financial aid overview, and align academic goals with career options.
- Assists current, prospective, and returning students with learning plans for degree or certificate program completion, based on students’ needs, goals, and interests. Manages the follow-up contact process with students and assists in enrolling and orientation to all programs.
- Understands, effectively communicates, and remains current on CCTC Standards, trends in the field of education, the School of Education curriculum, and University policies.
- Maintains applicant files, collects and distributes applicant documents and materials. Manages prospective students and applicant files via Slate CRM, and produces and monitors enrollment reports using Excel and other tools.
- Utilizes relationships with current students and alumni to promote lasting connections with the School for referral campaigns.
- Assists in developing recruitment plans to recruit students through school districts, community colleges and the state university systems. Assists in planning market strategies, including the development of copy for correspondence, marketing materials, website, etc.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. A minimum of three (3) years of related work experience is required. Master’s degree and experience in customer support or student services management, academic advising, CCTC teaching credentials, recruitment, counseling, professional coaching, career services, or sales training is preferred. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented prior to offer of employment. Must be able to attend education fairs, meet with other institutions’ advisors or transfer directors, assist with calls on corporate partners. Successful candidate will have familiarity with college transcripts, University practices, and catalogs; comfortable with academic structures and environment; ability to work with persons of wide range of skills, educational background and experiences; knowledgeable of career services skills; high level of independent judgment, excellent communication and interpersonal skills; computer literate; ability to master the University’s information system, run downloads, file transfers and manipulate data in spreadsheets. A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume/CV and cover letter with application. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19: New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIThttp://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE