POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW, Center for Psychiatric Rehabilitation, College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent Tracking Code2802Job Description
The Center is currently recruiting for a post-doctoral fellow in the area of psychiatric vocational rehabilitation and employment of persons with psychiatric disabilities. The fellowship is two years and is designed to prepare advanced-level researchers.
This fellowship training includes:
- A broad-based didactic training in psychiatric vocational rehabilitation and employment research
- Mentorship from senior Center researchers
- Involvement in ongoing research projects at the Center
- The design and implementation of an independent research study relevant to promoting the career development and employment of people with psychiatric conditions, including individuals experiencing early psychosis.
Through this variety of training and research practicum activities, fellows are expected to acquire competencies in the following areas: research design/methodology; advanced statistics and instrument development; psychiatric vocational rehabilitation and employment research; participatory research methods and peer employment research; applied research methods; and grant and professional writing.
- PhD or doctorate in a human services field, such as psychology, rehabilitation sciences, occupational therapy, sociology, or another related field
- Desire to pursue a career involving research in the rehabilitation and recovery of individuals with significant mental health conditions
- Some experience in or exposure to mental health services
- Basic knowledge of methods in human services research
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BU WEBSITE Please send a cover letter along with CV including contact information to Dr. Zlatka Russinova at: [email protected].
The fellowship project is supported by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) within the Health and Human Services Department.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular