Cardiologist - Heart Failure Specialist, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or ProfessorLocation:
New Orleans, LAOpen Date:
Dec 9, 2021Description:
Clinical, Non-Tenure Track, Full-Time
Subspecialty: Heart Failure
Tulane University School of Medicine's Deming Department of Medicine - Section of Cardiology seeks a qualified general cardiologist with specialization in heart failure diagnosis and management to join its faculty as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine. This position will be responsible for the instruction and teaching of cardiology fellows and for patient care at three hospitals and multiple clinic sites in the Greater New Orleans Area
- Heart failure cardiology coverage at Tulane Medical Center, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Healthcare System Medical Center and University Medical Center New Orleans
- Outpatient clinic responsibilities at these sites and at outreach sites as assigned.
- Active in the development of the heart failure and VAD program at the above centers.
- After hours and weekend cardiology coverage at the above centers, in rotation with other Tulane heart failure subspecialists.
- Teaching responsibilities will include formal and informal teaching activities for medicine residents, cardiology fellows, and medical students as well as attending, facilitating and presenting cardiology conferences.
- Developing and participating in clinical and translational research, and encouraging residents and fellows to participate with you in these studies.
- Publication of findings in peer-review journals is expected, and at least one publication per year is encouraged.
- M.D./D.O who has successfully completed a cardiology fellowship program and at least a one-year interventional cardiology fellowship program
FIRST: Please use the "APPLY NOW" link below to apply for this position.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is located in New Orleans - a city with tremendous history of diverse cultures, community, and languages. Tulane is actively building a campus culture grounded in our values of EDI and anti-racism. We seek and welcome candidate applications from historically underrepresented groups, such as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and those living with disabilities as well as veterans.
Tulane University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution committed to excellence through diversity. Tulane University will not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, or any other status or classification protected by federal, state, or local law. All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.