Level: Educational Assistant
Hours: Part-time up to 17 hours per week
Closing Date: Continuous Recruitment-Filled on an as-needed basis
Multiple Colleges (Current need at Tunxis CC and Housatonic CC)
CT State Community College Mission:
Connecticut State Community College (CT State) provides access to academically rigorous and innovative education and training focused on student success. The College supports excellence in teaching and learning, makes data-informed decisions, promotes equity, advances positive change for the students, communities, and industries it serves, and awards associates degrees and certificates.
CT State Community College Vision:
CT State will be recognized for exceptional student success, educational leadership, and transformative collaboration with business and industry, government, educational, and key stakeholders while advancing diverse opportunities for Connecticut’s citizens and communities.
CT State Community College Equity Statement:
The CSCU system commits to bold and disruptive change by actively identifying, naming, and dismantling structural racism, systemic poverty, and other barriers; establishing equitable and anti-racist policies and practices; and empowering students, faculty, staff, and administrators to advance racial, social, and economic justice. Our core collective responsibility is to continuously assess practices and policies and transform the world we live in by eliminating inequities.
Anticipated Start Date:
Continuous open recruitment
Filled on an as-needed basis, depending on specific college needs. Applications will stay active for 1 year.
The Wellness Assistant (WA) oversees the Fitness Center and Wellness Center facilities, as well as serving as the “face” of both centers. Wellness Assistant will be present in the wellness and fitness center areas, assist members in both centers and oversee daily operations. The WA supports the mission of MCC by providing opportunities for the campus community to engage in personal growth through lifestyle change and by connecting with community service providers to address issues interfering with their academic performance.
Incumbents must possess proven ability to effectively work with a culturally, linguistically, and ethnically diverse faculty, staff, and student. They are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong Information technology literacy skills such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams etc.)
Associate degree in Exercise Science, Recreation, Human Services, or related fields; or an appropriately related field or a combination of education, training and experience which would lead to the competencies required for successful performance of the position's essential duties.
Successful Candidate must have or must possess:
- Experience working in the fitness industry.
- CPR and AED training for adults.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position and by providing appropriate references. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons.
- National Fitness Certification
Example of Job Duties:
Under the Director of Student Life/Associate Dean of Student Development or other administrator, the Wellness Assistant is accountable for the following essential functions:
- Acting as a liaison with current, and assisting to identify and contact, community service providers to spend time monthly in the Wellness Center to work directly with students in need.
- Assisting in the operation and supervision of the Cougar Pantry in coordination with Student Life and the Campus Switchboard Operator/ID Coordinator.
- Knowledge of safe operation of a fitness facility, including current CDC guidelines for policies and procedures during a pandemic
- Knowledge of safe exercise technique to provide to exercise participants
- Ability to work with a collaborative team with members from Student Life, Health and Exercise Science, Fitness Instructors, Community Partners, and work-study student employees.
- Supervising work study students.
- Assist with scheduling for all work study students; assist student workers as needed; train new student workers.
- Provide coverage to front desk.
- Open and close centers following cleaning and safety guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist with marketing efforts of centers i.e., develop flyers, maintain bulletin boards.
- Clean, maintain and inventory fitness equipment, wellness center.
- Assess damaged equipment and problem solve issues.
- Ensure clean, safe facilities and equipment.
- Identify proper and improper technique in the use of resistance equipment, such as stability balls, weights, bands, tubes, and resistance bars and aid participants as needed.
- Communicate with Exercise Science Program Coordinator and Student Life Director on consistent basis of needs and concerns of centers.
This posting includes qualifications, experience and skills but is not limited to the full specifications stated in the job description. Candidate may perform some or all of the job functions.
To apply you must submit a cover letter and resume.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the closing date will not be considered and links to other sources to view resumes are not acceptable.
All employment, if offered, is contingent upon proof of citizenship or employability under the requirement of the Immigration and Control Act (IRCA) and the successful passing of a background check. CSCU is committed to providing a safe campus community. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check and, when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
Continuing Notice of Nondiscrimination
CSCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, ancestry, present or past history of mental disorder, learning disability or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or criminal record. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Nicholas D'Agostino Manager of Affirmative Action, Diversity, and Inclusion Ndagostino@commnet.edu
CSCC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F