Security Sensitive Position?:
YesHours of Work:
TSU202552Official TSU Title:
ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR ART HISTORYGrant Title:
N/AJob Description Summary / TWC Summary:
Teach courses in Art History to undergraduate art majors and minors. Experienced in teaching one or more art history subjects such as Art History I, II, African American Art History, and African Art. The adjunct instructor reports to the Visual & Performing Arts Chair and and is responsible for supporting and advancing the mission and goals of Visual & Performing Arts Department in all academic, scholarly and student support activities. The adjunct instructor typically teaches assigned courses, develops curriculum and course content, counsels and advises students on course requirements and participates in the department and college activities for the advancement of organizational goals and student success.Essential Duties Summary:
- Supports and advances the mission and goals of the university, the college, and the department in all academic and scholarly activities.
- May develop curriculum and course content. May also select text books for inclusion in curriculum content.
- Teaches courses in various mediums (traditional, on-line, blended) as assigned to college level students. May cover other classes for instructors who are absent.
- Establishes and holds office hours for students to receive counseling and advice on class requirements.
- Participates in college/school activities requiring faculty presence.
- May serve on college/school/ and university committees as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Commensurate with experience.Education:
Master’s degree (M.A. or M.S.) from an accredited college or university at the time of appointment. Required Licensing/Certification:
Doctorate degree is preferred.
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Standard for principles, methods and procedures in an area and determines long-term direction under his/her guidance. May involve a level of expertise that is recognized both internally and nationally as top notch in the field.
- Multiple disciplines.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Command of technical and functional procedures, processes and subject matter in a job family or professional discipline to handle most situations and lead and/or review the work of others in multiple job classifications performing diverse responsibilities.
- Subject matter expert in a professional discipline or function; understood to be the “go-to” expert on complex methods and procedures.
- Strong time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Lead the development or modification of work procedures in the discipline or function for virtually any situation.
- Work independently.
UA EEO Statement:
- Prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work environment that is free from discrimination for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly observed in all University employment-related activities such as advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin, individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws, including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Close Date:
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
08/31/2022Open Until Filled (overrides close field) :
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Open to all applicants.