: Counseling, Health and Wellness ServicesLocations:
: Des Plaines, ILPosted:
: Oct 28, 2021Closes:
: Jul 7, 2022 - 11:59 PM EDTType:
: Part Time StaffPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
With a particular focus on Oakton's multicultural and diverse student population, provide short-term counseling and crisis intervention for students as well as professional consultation to faculty and staff regarding student issues and concerns.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will have clinical responsibilities as well as indirect services with a significant Spanish speaking population emphasis. This includes, but is not limited to planning and maintaining dimensions of programming, training and outreach and service.
- Provide short-term counseling for Oakton students and make appropriate referrals for students in need of more intensive mental health needs.
- Participate in On-Call (crisis assessment & intervention) system and respond to student crises.
- Provide training for faculty and staff related to working with students in distress and related subjects.
- Maintain counseling records, adhering to professional standards.
- Plan and conduct programs/outreach to different college community populations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Master's degree or doctorate is required, preferably in social work, counseling or clinical psychology or a related field.
- Licensed mental health practitioner, preferably LCPC, LCSW or Licensed Psychologist.
- One or more years of successful counseling experience, preferably in a college setting.
- *****Fluency in Spanish, both verbal and written, required.****
- Ability to interact professionally, confidentially, and courteously with a wide range of students from diverse backgrounds.
- A high level of interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to write and present educational programs and to make presentations to large groups. Incumbent must be able to give and receive advice and opinions and interact with individuals in situations requiring sensitivity and tact.
- Professional or lived experience supporting members of historically marginalized populations.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evening hours consistent with student needs is necessary.
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, maintain and manipulate data in a personal computer is required.
- Mobility to move from building to building on-Campus. Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
Administrative supervision is received from the Dean of Counseling, Health, and Wellness.
Functional supervision may be exercised over student employees.
25 Hours per week - hours vary
Based on the needs of the college and with Administrator approval, some positions at the college may have remote or hybrid schedule options available. Please note, that during the 65 working day probationary period, employees are required to report to campus
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate