: Continuing Ed, Training and Workforce DevelopmentLocations:
: Skokie / Plaines, ILPosted:
: Dec 10, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part Time FacultyPosition ID:
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development at Oakton Community College offers a variety of learning and training opportunities for the community including Workforce Preparation programs for Adult Education Students (GED/ESL/Literacy). Through these Workforce Preparation programs, Adult Education students are able to prepare for in-demand industry certifications while participating in basic skill development programming (e.g., GED or High school Equivalency/ESL/Literacy).
The CompTIA A+ Instructor for the Adult Education Program will be responsible for developing curriculum and providing instruction to prepare Adult Education students for the CompTIA A+ Certification. Instructors will be specifically responsible for providing a classroom environment that is positive and nurturing as well as provide instruction that considers a variety of learning styles, gives hands-on practice, and offers strategies for successfully passing the CompTIA certification exam.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Dean and program managers to design and build an intensive preparatory CompTIA A+ program that best ensures success for the Adult Education population
- Prepare supplemental course presentations and instructional materials (as appropriate) in the Learning Management System
- Deliver in-person or hybrid instruction (mostly in the early evenings or Saturdays)
- Offer 1:1 student support to best ensure success as needed ? Meet with the programming team to discuss student progress, address student and programmatic needs, and make adjustments or increase support as needed
- Comply with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
- The successful candidate should have the CompTIA A+ certification
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to work with populations that often fall within the opportunity gap, thus requiring more intentional and comprehensive support.
- Direct experience using Learning Management Systems like Desire to Learn (D2L) and/or CompTIA's CertMaster
- Previous experience teaching CompTIA A+ Certification Prep programs or bootcamps with evidence of helping students to successfully pass the certification exams
The candidate that is hired will be responsible for curriculum and program development from the time of hire through the end of January 2022. Pay for curriculum development will be a flat fee of $1,000. Instruction and other program responsibilities will convene March - end of May/early June. Pay for actual instruction and other program support will be $40 per hour (@ approx 10 hours per week). This is a part-time non-union teaching position with Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development. This is a temporary grant position and continued employment is based on the successful renewal of the grant.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Preparation of program learning activities and instructional materials (as appropriate)
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting programs at scheduled times,
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required.
Oakton Community College requires all employees to adhere to a Vaccination /Testing Mandate and Mask Requirement.
Oakton Community College does not currently have a work form home policy and employees, are required to report to campus.