Financial Aid AdvisorSouth University Montgomery, AL, 5355 VAUGHN ROAD, Montgomery, Alabama, United States of AmericaReq #1288 Monday, January 3, 2022 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
POSITION SUMMARY:Develop, negotiate and finalize student financial plans consistent with financial planning policies and procedures and with Federal/State regulations for awarding aid. Work closely with new, continuing and re-entry students and their families to ensure the financial plan and re-plan continue to best meet the families’ needs. Counsel students on all acceptances and other matters related directly to the student financial plan. Assure that the South University philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and an environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Work cohesively with Admission Representatives in order to facilitate outstanding service to prospective students and their parents.
- Efficiently and accurately package assigned students which includes new, continuing, re-entry and transfer students.
- Assist students/parents with the completion of the FAFSA and review the resulting ISIR, assign the appropriate budget, and package the students correctly.
- Create financial plans for assigned students in compliance with institutional policies and Federal regulations, communicate the plan to students and parents, and effectively explain rights and responsibilities for each aid source.
- Assist students and parents with alternative means of financing any remaining balance after awarding eligible federal, state, or institutional aid
- Ensure student files are complete and accurate and that aid is paid to students’ accounts in a timely manner.
- Review and complete Basic Verification and C Code Reviews for students as necessary.
- Utilize reports to review students, analyze work needed, and work with the Director of Financial Aid for priorities.
- Complete the appropriate training modules within 30 days of the new or revised module becoming available.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred OR Associate’s Degree plus 3 years of related experience with federal and student financial aid, OR 5 years of related experience with federal and student aid.
- Customer service, problem-solving approach to work.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to make small group presentations as well as skill in interacting as an individual contributor.
- The ability to multi-task, work independently, and make decisions based on guidelines.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills as well as exposure to more concentrated financial aid software (Campus Vue/Campus Nexus preferred)
ENVIRONMENT:The environment is dynamic and goal oriented requiring multi-tasking of responsibilities at all times. This position requires the ability to work effectively with a variety of personalities both within the school and with the public. A caring and self directed nature is essential. Must possess a desire and ability to study, practice and obtain additional knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis to remain well versed in financial aid program offerings, policies and procedures. The operating environment requires strict adherence to all regulatory requirements and internal policies. The position works extensively with the financial aid staff and the admissions department personnel. Outside contacts include prospective students and applicants, their families and guests, and others such as government agencies, public school systems and private businesses. The duties and characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, video conference, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsRequired EducationHigh School Apply Now
- South University Montgomery, AL, 5355 VAUGHN ROAD, Montgomery, Alabama, United States of America
Share this job: