Alumni Relations and Gift Processing Coordinator, Penn Law
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website
for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Alumni Relations and Gift Processing Coordinator, Penn LawJob Profile Title
Administrative CoordinatorJob Description Summary
The University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School is one of the nation's oldest and most distinguished law schools. The School offers a distinctive cross-disciplinary legal education, drawing on the depth and breadth of the University of Pennsylvania. The resulting intellectual opportunities and professional relationships bridge traditional boundaries and disciplines, making the Law School an extraordinarily supportive academic community for its scholars and students alike.
Penn Law staff play a critical role in providing a world-class educational environment, supporting faculty, students, alumni, and fellow staff members in a collaborative and ambitious environment.
This is a dual report position under the supervision of the Director of Development Services and the Director of Alumni Engagement. The primary functions of this position are to process all gifts and pledges to LDAR and to provide support to the alumni relations team.Job DescriptionResponsibilities include:Alumni Communication and Data Management
Work with Communications and other Law School departments to create a schedule of email communications to alumni. Review and send communications per DAR policies. Compile and coordinate the regular release of information to the Penn Law alumni community through relevant social media platforms. Research and run reports as needed to identify alumni in specific regions and practice areas (among other search terms) as requested. Maintain Social Network sites with input from other LDAR staff. Maintain up-to-date contact information on all JD and LLM graduates as it is received through various outlets. Respond to alumni emails and voicemails, distributing messages appropriately. Assist with content for Law Alumni website.Alumni Relations
Support the Director of Alumni Engagement, Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Assistant Director. Assist with planning and executing alumni relations events. This includes, but is not limited to, researching potential venues, reserving space, coordinating with third party vendors, creating initial drafts for marketing materials, creating registration sites, managing RSVPs, ordering/creating event-related supplies and promotional items, ensuring webpages are updated, and staffing events. Maintain a master event calendar and database for all events planned and implemented by the Law Development and Alumni Relations department. Calendars are to be shared with LDAR, the Law School (through the overall events calendar) and Central DAR as appropriate. Enter all alumni contacts including event attendance into the University Atlas database. Provide varied and complex support and assistance to all staff as necessary.Gift Processing
Ensure the proper receipt and tracking of all incoming gifts and pledges that arrive through LDAR including the completion of gift transmittals for processing, credit card information processing and scanning of gift paperwork for archives. Track long-term pledges and pledge payments for both restricted and unrestricted funds. Work with Stewardship team to sort and categorize gifts for appropriate recognition. Assist Stewardship team in drafting gift acknowledgment, birthday greeting, condolence and congratulatory letters, as needed. Create daily gift reports, verify proper processing, and submit gift adjustment requests as needed. Organize and manage all confidential financial records, including protecting credit card privacy. Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Development Services.Qualifications
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required, with 5-7 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience within a College or University setting preferred.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Adaptable, energetic, and articulate with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to complete multiple, simultaneous tasks and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to work professionally with high profile speakers, academics, and attendees
- Ability to staff events as needed (including occasional weekends)
- Strong technology skills especially within the Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Social Network sites, Cvent, and MailChimp a plus
- Experience in producing high quality events a plus
*Cover letter and resume required to apply.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Law SchoolPay Range
$20.00 - $30.67Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Law-School/Alumni-Relations-and-Gift-Processing-Coordinator--Penn-Law_JR00044836-1
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency