Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources LOCATION:
On-site, Redlands, CA APPOINTMENT:
Full-time, Administrative, Twelve (12) months STARTING SALARY RANGE:
Commensurate with Experience INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) year POSITION AVAILABLE:
January 6, 2022 POSTING DATE:
December 7, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open Until Filled DESCRIPTION:
Under general supervision, responsible for the employment hiring process of staff and administrator positions as assigned; to be an active business partner with hiring departments in their employment needs.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
QUALIFICATIONS: Education and Experience
- Meets with hiring authorities and search committees to discuss hiring needs for regular and contracted employees, graduate management interns, and temporaries; coordinates timelines, advertising strategies, prepares job postings and advertisements, and interview questions.
- Conducts initial screening of applicants and resumes for open staff and administrator positions to determine the eligibility of candidates by meeting minimum qualifications.
- Schedules and participates in interviews; completes reference checks; makes job offers and negotiates salary.
- Collaborates with outside recruiters, temporary agencies, and other third-party services.
- Processes payroll notifications for new hires, terminations, transfers, and status changes.
- Communicates on/off boarding information to appropriate business partners within HR and campus offices.
- Prepares new hire and exit documents and conducts new hire orientation.
- Supports maintenance of personnel database by hiring and terminating employees, and changing existing information.
- Assists Human Resources leadership with the intake of information for employee relations issues; provides support and resources to employees and supervisors as needed.
- Collaborates with other Human Resources team members on a daily basis to improve HR functions including recruitment, performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee relations
- Provides backup to department being crossed trained to conduct new hire and benefits orientation, benefit administration, workers comp and unemployment benefits, exit interviews and COBRA as needed.
- Assists with the annual and introductory performance evaluation process; offers training and assistance as needed.
- Performs all other related duties and responsibilities as directed or assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- One (1) year of human resources experience is required.
- Bilingual in Spanish, oral and written, is strongly preferred.
- SHRM-CP a plus.
- Human Resources experience in an educational setting is highly desirable.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization's facilities.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical, communications skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems (UKGPro).
Successful candidate must be multi-task oriented, able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff, and be able to work with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate will possess experience working with diverse constituencies and sensitivity to multi-cultural issues. INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submit an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e0f87d2c-ed1e-4b59-bb9f-1837cf7167af