Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Residential Adjunct ProfessorDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
It is expected that an adjunct faculty member will model a personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University, engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal spiritual formation within a biblically-informed Christian worldview, and follow lesson plans developed for the course they are facilitating. Adjunct faculty should view the course being taught as a means to a significant educational end. They should strive to employ a variety of techniques for the development of good learning conditions, view each student as a unique individual, and insofar as is possible, provide for individual differences, abilities, and interests. Minimum Qualifications:
- Teach from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive conduct with students and by getting in touch with, and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To teach at the graduate level, the following is required: an earned doctorate with either 18 hours in the discipline for which you are applying or professional certification relevant to the discipline. Preferred Qualifications:
- To teach at the undergraduate level, the following is required: an earned masters degree in a business discipline with either 18 hours in the discipline for which you are applying or professional certification relevant to the discipline.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills.
- Creative, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Blackboard and the Internet.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.
At least 3 years experience in your discipline at the mid- or senior-level of an organization.Work Hours: