: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Dec 7, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 48508Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
Binghamton University is a world-class institution that unites more than 130 broadly interdisciplinary educational programs with some of the most vibrant research in the nation. Our unique character - shaped by outstanding academics, facilities and community life - promotes extraordinary student success.
Binghamton merges rigorous academics, distinguished faculty and state-of-the-art facilities to engage and challenge its 18,000 students. The high-achieving Binghamton student body also represents a great diversity of life experiences, from first-generation college-goers to international students. Beyond their talent, these classmates share a desire to shape the future through technology, insight, intellectual exploration and community service.
Budget title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University, a NCAA Division I institution and member of the America East Conference, is seeking a Ticket Sales Manager. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Coordinate the daily operations of the ticket office for Binghamton University Athletics, which includes printing, distribution and reconciliation of ticket sales for all ticketed events (currently 10 programs)
- Establish and maintain effective internal accounting controls and best practices for PCI compliance
- Prepare daily and weekly summary financial statements for all events
- Manage Agile (ticketing software) computer operations. This includes setup and maintenance of databases, manifests, and events; serving as liaison to the vendor; generating customized reports; trouble-shooting, etc
- Execute season ticket renewals and mailings
- Oversee and coordinate the distribution of student-athlete and recruit tickets in compliance with NCAA regulations
- Coordinate ticket sales campaigns with the external staff to ensure maximum ticket revenue and donor contributions for all BU athletic events while also promoting the Athletics department in the community
- Actively prospect and cultivate ticket sales opportunities, including contact with local businesses and in-person appointments to sell season tickets, partial plans, group tickets in order to meet budgeted revenue goals
- Work with the Assistant AD for Marketing and the Assistant AD for Corporate Partnerships in areas related to the marketing and promoting of the BU athletics department
- Work cooperatively with other University departments for ticketed events held in athletic venues
- Must be present at all ticketed events to direct ticket office operations which include some evening hours and weekends
- Hire, train, and supervise ticket office staff, ticket sellers, gate attendants and program sellers; comprising of student managers and student staff of approximately 35
- Bachelor's degree
- Familiarity with ticketing software and/or ticketing operations
- Master's degree
- Familiarity with Agile ticketing systems
- 2-4 years in collegiate or professional sports related experience
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website http://www.binghamton.edu/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Internal Applications by: 12/21/2021
External Applications: open until filled.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online.
- Cover letter and
- Contact information for three business references.
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.