CO Nurse Practitioner
The Department of Medicine is seeking a Nurse Practitioner (NP)
to work collaboratively as a member of an Advance Practice Provider (APP) team to provide comprehensive care to patients on the Carol Johns Service, and inpatient pulmonary service that specializes in advanced lung diseases. The NP will work collaboratively with Physicians, Residents, Nurses, Pharmacists, Respiratory Therapists, Social Workers, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists and Consultant Physicians within a multi-disciplinary team for the Department of Medicine. Direct supervision from appropriate licensed Physician as delegated. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
The NP will be granted affiliate staff privileges by the Johns Hopkins Hospital Medical Board; these privileges list specific tasks and are reviewed annually. Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Responsible for standardized, comprehensive care to patients with multiple medical conditions.
- Obtain history and perform physical examinations on newly admitted and follow-up patients on the patients within the service, write orders for medications, review diagnostic studies, perform procedures as indicated including but not limited to peripheral IVs with or without ultrasound, foley catheter placement, nasogastric tube insertion and other treatments as necessary.
- Participate in sign out to report the progress of specific patients and help to establish and implement care plans in a safe and effective manner.
- Communicates with healthcare team members to assure patient and organizational needs are met.
- Involved in discharging patients out of the hospital to various settings.
- Educate patients and families regarding the nature of their clinical problems, prognoses and options for continued care.
- Provides leadership, guidance, and teaching to the junior APPs, APP students, medical students as well as house staff.
- Participate in hospital-wide and unit-based committees and meetings focusing on quality assurance and safety programs for the unit.
- Involved in departmental research initiatives
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be licensed in the state of Maryland as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP, Acute Care NP or Adult Acute Care NP.
- Maintain appropriate board certifications.
- Minimum 1-year med-surg/intermediate medical care experience as an APP preferred. Residency may substitute for experience.
- Maintain Controlled and Dangerous Substance License in Maryland.
- Maintain Federal DEA License.
- Maintain ACLS certification.
- Maintain BLS certification.
- Completion of the Johns Hopkins Hospital credentialing process is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to function effectively in a fluid and dynamic environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to incorporate into practice theoretical concepts and clinical skills with patients, families and interdisciplinary health care team members.
- Analytical ability necessary to diagnose patient medical concerns and to develop and implement plans of action for management.
- Ability to work in collaboration with attending Physicians, Nurses and Physician Assistants.
- Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team to enhance collaboration and problem solving in the best interest of the patient.
- Ability to provide detailed and comprehensive documentation of all patient evaluations and services as part of the hospital medical record.
- General computer knowledge and ability to use computerized medical information systems.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- The ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or clinical environment.
Classified Title: Nurse Practitioner
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: 3, 12.5 shifts/week
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM DOM Pulmonary
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-CO-Nurse-Practitioner-MD-21287/820948400/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency