CO Collection Specialist
The Department of Radiology is seeking a Collection Specialist
who will follow-up with insurance companies to collect outstanding accounts for which payment has not been received in response to the claim's submission process, either electronically or by paper. The Collection Specialist will be assigned payer groups of outstanding patient accounts. Various methods of follow-up will be used.
This individual must have expertise in insurance follow-up processing and be knowledgeable in CPT and ICD-10-CM coding as well as have an understanding of the JHOC registration process and be able to recognize and resolve incorrect demographic and insurance registration. The Collection Specialist must have an understanding of claims submission requirements for all payers to expedite payments as well as knowledge of appeals and rejections processing. This person must have excellent communication skills coupled with patience and fortitude. Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Identifies problem issues on outstanding patient accounts. Works to resolve issues so that invoice will be processed by payor or balance moved to patient responsibility.
- Identifies insurance issues of primary vs secondary insurance, coordination of benefits, Eligibility and any other issue causing non-payment of claims. Contacts the payer or Patient as appropriate for corrective action to resolve the issue and receive payment of Claims.
- Handles patient account inquiries and assists patients with filing or re-filing of claims including secondary insurance.
- Communicates with patients, physicians and insurance companies to resolve accounts. This includes resolving issues identified through incoming correspondence.
- Print and mail/fax claim forms and statements as requested by patients, insurance companies or other authorized third parties.
- Confirm credit balances and gather necessary documentation for processing refund.
- Prints medical notes from the EPIC system when needed for the processing of claims.
- Working knowledge of EPIC billing and registration systems.
- Participate in bi-weekly meetings and conference calls
- Communicate trends and A/R issues to management
- Assist with charge corrections and other minor coding issues
- Maintain personal productivity goals
- Stay abreast of insurance guidelines (attending webinars and providing updates from websites)
GED or High School Diploma.
Minimum of 1 year of billing, registration or clinical workflow experience preferred.
Classified Title: Collection Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: $15.00 - $19.50/hr (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Department name: SOM Rad Production Unit Billing
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-CO-Collection-Specialist-MD-21209/820933600/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency