Patient Service Coordinator
The Ophthalmology Department is seeking a Patient Service Coordinator
who manages all administrative (non-clinical) aspects of the patient encounter. This includes accurate data entry on each patient to facilitate the patient encounter, expediting the check-in / check-out procedure.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Greets each patient in a kind and professional manner.
- Works collaboratively with others.
- Manages patient check - in including verification and entering of insurance information, and patient demographic information into EPIC.
- Confirms all needed forms are up to date, and signed ( Outpatient agreement)
- Rotates through expanded hours 6am to 6 pm.
- May obtain pre-certification as required by patient's healthcare insurer or managed care provider.
- Facilitates smooth transfer of patients during their visit within the department or between several departments within Wilmer. Inclusive of correspondence with individual clinic management for clarification of multi appointments.
- Maintains familiarity with various types of insurances. Contacts insurance carriers for clarification of coverages to avoid denials of payment.
- Monitors and responds to missing items work queue.
- Provides support to East Baltimore, satellite clinics and Bendann Surgical Pavilion during events of short staffing ( sickness, vacation, meetings).
- Collects time of service payment, issues receipts and prepares cash settlement records.
- Guides patients and families to appropriate resources ( financial counselors, international office, social worker).
- Maintains cleanliness and stocking of Wilmer's main lobby area.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Medical terminology and basic computer skills preferred.
- One year experience in cusotomer service - oriented industry.
- Two years related work experience preferred.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Two years' experience in related ophthalmology and / or JHHS entity preferred.
- Knowledge of medical insurance and/or medical terminology preferred.
- Experience with EPIC- preferred.
Patient Service Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OD Starting Hourly Pay Rate
Employee group: Full Time Schedule:
M-F, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt Location:
School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Oph Registration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Patient-Service-Coordinator-MD-21287/820505000/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency