: Information Technology Services/CIOLocations:
: Saratoga Springs, NYPosted:
: Nov 18, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 51-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 92,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a full-time Technical Support Specialist (TSS) (State Title: Instructional Support Assistant), to provide desktop level computer support and technical assistance for the Saratoga Springs, New York locations, as well as remote desktop support for all locations. In this position, the technician will be responsible for providing onsite technical assistance and support to clients with computer systems, hardware, or software issues. Additionally, the technician will respond to queries, answer functionality questions, isolate problems, and assist in implementing solutions. Scheduled duties may include travel to other locations across New York State. Common tasks are listed below; priorities are set in the context of college-wide initiatives, operational and local needs.
- Accurately record, update, and document requests using the college ticketing system
- Provide customer-focused support, possesses oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other technical areas internal and external to the department
- Hardware maintenance and installation
- Software installation, training, and maintenance
- Support and training for faculty, staff, and students
- Assist Network Operations team with support and maintenance for College telephony, MIS devices and peripherals, including TCP/IP
- Asset inventory maintenance and tracking
- Troubleshoot application problems, and provide input on system configuration
- Support and troubleshoot remote access systems and configuration
- Ensure daily operations function smoothly and facilitate access to the College's administrative systems, including Microsoft 365 applications (e.g., e-mail, calendar, cloud storage)
- Point of contact for VOIP telephone installations, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting
- Local support for video conference equipment, schedule of use, and support for video conference events
- Associate degree or equivalent, with a minimum of three years of relevant technical experience
- Demonstrated experience in the information technology field, including Microsoft Office 365, Teams, Windows 10, as well as Mac OS operating systems, imaging, data backups, and basic networking, including working knowledge of TCP/IP
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in Higher Education
- Experience with ITSM and ITIL Frameworks
- Demonstrated effective customer service skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with asset management systems
- MSI scripting, and applications packaging
- Mobile technologies (tablets, phones)
- Technical Experience with
- Active Directory
- Ticketing systems (Service Now)
- Windows Imaging (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, AutoPilot)
- Telephone systems and VOIP telecommunication's systems, (ShoreTel/Mitel)
- Remote support tools (Beyond Trust, RDP,)
- Remote access support (VPN, RDP, Citrix Workspace)
- Intel EMA
- Printer Management, including Xerox MFP configuration, or Pharos Beacon
- Lotus Notes database setup
- Familiarity with accessibility software for those with ADA accommodation
- Knowledge of learning technologies and learning spaces
- Overnight travel, weekend and evening work will be expected on an occasional basis
- Occasional travel to regional locations required
Rank/Salary: SL1/$45,000+(Commensurate with experience)
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.