: Marketing and Creative ServicesLocations:
: Saratoga Springs, NYPosted:
: Oct 6, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 51-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 92,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College seeks a Senior Director of Marketing and Creative Services (State Title: Staff Associate) to join the Office of Communications and Marketing (OCM) team at our Saratoga Springs location. The Senior Director of Marketing and Creative Services reports to the Assistant Vice President of Communications, Marketing and Government Relations (AVP). This individual is responsible for supporting the college's recruitment (lead generation) and retention efforts, and brand awareness, both inbound and outbound, by ensuring marketing efforts and creative services are strategically aligned and supportive of the college's overall strategic mission and vision.
The incumbent will work closely with the AVP, OCM, the Office of Enrollment Management (OEM), recruitment team, and other internal stakeholders to ensure a holistic marketing strategy is implemented that supports the college's short and long-term strategic goals. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and tracking success of marketing and advertising efforts in across all platforms, including broadcast, digital, print, and other arenas as required. Will direct and oversee work of the marketing & creative services team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the AVP to develop a strategic marketing plan to support the college's, OCM's, and OEM's mission and vision.
- Manage the marketing and creative services team to ensure there is collaboration and consistency amongst the team.
- Hire, train, and mentor staff, and ensure maximum departmental impact through ongoing performance management and routine discussions on competencies, results, growth strategies and support.
- Oversee marketing and other appropriate budgets to emphasize maximum departmental and college success.
- Manage day-to-day marketing and creative service operations prioritizing work to meet college-wide strategic goals; streamlining processes and workflows; ensuring deadlines are met and tracking budget allocations.
- Ensure best practices are aligned to promote the college's message and to build brand.
- Identify and apply best practices to SEO to increase website traffic, lead conversion and printed materials that align to the college's overall vision and mission.
- Assist with the utilization and implementation of any CRMs to ensure alignment, consistency and utilization within marketing and creative services.
- Set direction for PPC campaigns and identify optimization opportunities with a focus on KPIs for recruitment as well as provide information back to recruiters and other applicable stakeholders using CRM data.
- Assist with the implementation and utilization of SMS recruitment services and campaigns to ensure alignment, consistency, and branding.
- Work directly with Executive Directors, recruitment services, and channel recruiters to identify advertising opportunities and to ensure alignment with marketing campaigns and initiatives to support acquisition and lead conversion.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible leadership positions in marketing, preferably in higher education
- Experience in managing a diverse cross functional team
- Possess strong skills in critical-thinking, problem-solving and project management
- Expert knowledge of digital technologies (SEM, Display, SEO)
- Experience using CRM and CMS tools and social media platforms and dashboards
- 5 years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in education
- 3 years of media buying experience, including mobile/digital campaigns
- 2 years of experience working with advertising words campaigns such as Google, Yahoo & Bing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting that promotes both teamwork and independence
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficient in Adobe products (InDesign, etc.)
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/priorities and situations, adept with multi-tasking, and prioritize projects
- Master's degree in Marketing, business or other related degrees
- This position may involve occasional travel, nights and weekends
- VISA sponsorship is not available for this position.
Rank/Salary: SL4/$82,000 (Commensurate with experience).
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: The review of Applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.