: School for Graduate StudiesLocations:
: Saratoga Springs, NYPosted:
: Sep 21, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About SUNY Empire State College:
SUNY Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative, nontraditional teaching and learning.
SUNY Empire is part of the State University of New York system and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, SUNY Empire primarily serves working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at locations in every region of the state and abroad.
The college's 51-year commitment to flexible, individualized learning is represented by faculty mentors who guide students throughout their academic studies, the ability for students to build individualized degree plans, the award of credit for learning gained from life and work experience, world-class academic and social student-support communities, and flexible course delivery methods that meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college boasts more than 92,000 successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students each year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
SUNY Empire State College is committed to creating a multicultural, inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We believe that a diverse faculty is critical to academic excellence and prepares students to live and work in an increasingly global world.
We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package. We also offer professional-development activities for professionals and support staff, as well as faculty-development opportunities that encourage pursuit of disciplinary and community-focused research, scholarship of teaching and learning, and leadership development. Faculty-development opportunities include our annual Fall Academic Conference and the annual Institute on Mentoring, Teaching and Learning.
SUNY Empire State College, School for Graduate Studies seeks applicants for an Assistant Dean for Accreditation, Licensure and Partnerships. The successful candidate leads School for Graduate Studies, accreditation, licensure and partnership activities, as well as undergraduate teacher education services, licensure and accreditation. The role includes oversight of accreditation and reaffirmation activities which include the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) and the Association to Advance Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP), along with specialized recognitions for the School for Graduate Studies. Further, it includes leadership of the Office of Teacher Education, which serves education certification programs across the college. Finally, the candidate will work with relevant deans, associate deans, chairs, partners, and other stakeholders to develop and steward academic, corporate, and community partnerships.
- Coordinating programmatic or specialized accreditation, recognition, and program assessment activities, including but not limited to:
- being the primary administrative contact for accrediting/recognizing organizations,
- staying abreast of changes in accreditation/recognition standards and requirements,
- overseeing accreditation reporting and the self-study process, and
- overseeing annual and periodic program reviews.
- Overseeing the Office of Teacher Education.
- expanding teacher education services to include undergraduate programming
- ensuring that processes systems and process support student service, programmatic accreditation and a variety of reporting requirements
- Overseeing the School for Graduate Studies (SGS) partnership activities, including, but not limited to:
- working with stakeholders to identify potential academic and community partners,
- working with stakeholders to cultivate and develop new partnerships,
- drafting MOUs and other partnership documents,
- serving as the primary SGS contact for academic and community partners, and
- working with stakeholders to steward existing partnerships.
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution (ABD considered)
- At least five years of faculty or professional experience at an institution of higher education in teacher education
- Experience with accreditation and program assessment
- Experience with programs that lead to teacher/school leader licensure or certification
- Experience cultivating and maintaining external relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to use data to make strategic decisions
- The ability to work collaboratively with a group of diverse stakeholders
The incumbent will work closely with culturally diverse faculty, staff, and students in a multicultural learning work environment.
- Nights and weekend hours as needed to meet program needs.
- Frequent travel for meetings with current and prospective partner organizations.
- VISA sponsorship is not available
Rank/Salary: SL5/$90,000+ (Commensurate with experience)
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Applications Due By: The review of Applications will begin immediately and will be accepted until position is filled.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references
See the FAQ for using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Please click here to login to your Empire State College Employment Account to check your completed application or to update your account.