Student AdvisorSouth University Austin, TX, 1220 W. Louis Henna Boulevard, Round Rock, Texas, United States of AmericaReq #1183 Saturday, December 25, 2021 What's next for you is the first priority for us! With over 45 programs from associate to doctoral degrees, South University is a private institution dedicated to providing educational opportunities that spark the intellectual, social and professional development of a diverse student population. Our 120-year story—past, present and future—is a history formed by the many individuals who have developed the education and spirit of community that have become our pledge to the students, faculty, staff, alumni and supporters of South University. Online and at our 8 locations and 2 learning sites, we take pride in our welcoming environment; one-on-one support and personalized attention that helps students define goals and identify the means to pursue them. Our small classes feature hands-on experiences that not only shape students’ skills and excellence in their chosen fields but also shape their characters through encouraging community involvement, volunteerism and the pursuit of life-long learning. Visit www.southuniversity.edu
today to learn more about what makes us stand apart as a place to Belong, Believe and Become
, a place where you can make a difference in the lives of students eager to learn and grow.
South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coverage
POSITION SUMMARY: The Advisor for the Physician Assistant (PA) Program is responsible for the administrative aspects of the program's admissions process. The Advisor is expected to be efficient and effective in electronic and telephonic communication with individuals who have applied or are considering applying to the program. The Advisor handles a high volume of inquiries about the program with a positive customer-oriented approach. The Advisor oversees the receipt and processing of all applications to PA the program. The Advisor works with the program's Admissions Director to coordinate and implement the admissions process and the orientation of new students.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Oversee the receipt and processing of all applications for admission to the Physician Assistant Program.
- Manage the program's Admission database (WebAdMIT) and participate in training and updates for the system.
- Retrieve data as needed from CASPA to fulfill inquiries from administration and assessment reporting.
- Respond to electronic, telephonic, or other inquiries about admission to the PA program from applicants and potential applicants effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate on-campus or virtual interviews for candidates for admission.
- Assist the program's Admissions Director with planning and implementation of new student orientation.
- Oversees the entry of matriculant data and scanning of matriculant admissions documents into the university's student database.
- File appropriate admissions documents in the program's student files.
- Participate in recruitment activities for the Physician Assistant program including, but not limited to: program open houses, college visits, and virtual open houses.
- Serve on the program's Admissions Committee.
- Assist in developing and revising the program's promotional materials, including but not limited to print materials and website.
- Participate in continuing education and/or service endeavors related to PA program admissions.
- Facilitate program admissions process improvements and educate all involved.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree, required
- Administrative experience in higher education (especially admissions) preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills. MS Office Suite. WebAdMIT
- Interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Listen to customers (e.g., staff, etc.) and respond positively to their requests.
- Adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
ENVIRONMENT:The duties and characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email, video conference and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive. Other detailsJob FamilyAll PositionsRequired EducationBachelor’s Degree Apply Now
- South University Austin, TX, 1220 W. Louis Henna Boulevard, Round Rock, Texas, United States of America
Share this job: