Director of Enrollment Communications and Email Marketing
- Bay Path University
- Longmeadow, MA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Admissions & Enrollment, Communications & Marketing
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Department:: 01-53-5348-Enrollment Marketing
Locations:: Longmeadow, MA
Posted:: Dec 3, 2021
Closes:: Open Until Filled
Type:: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)
Position ID:: 140140
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TBD
- Job Type: FT Exempt
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location: On ground / Hybrid
- Exempt: Yes
The Director of Enrollment Communications and Email Marketing oversees enrollment-driven communication flows for graduate, online, and undergraduate programs, scholarship initiatives, and recruitment events. This position will be the primary driver of marketing communication content for electronic and traditional media communication flows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop messaging campaigns and processes to contact and engage prospective students, families and other targeted audiences by specific division/audiences using email, print, web, text, video and other digital tools.
- Implements communications campaigns, from design to writing to marketing to technical development and communication flow that are aligned with recruitment objectives and brand standards.
- Establish measurable processes and testing and develop campaigns that are accessible and functional on all devices to meet audience needs.
- Plan and create an ongoing schedule of content, track, monitor and analyze performance and adjust as needed for best results.
- Insures that communication sequences are accurately implemented and Prepares monthly campaign-level reports that support the admissions counselor function, e.g. responses, open-rate, click-rate, name of student.
- Manages and directs the marketing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Pardot by Salesforce.
- Provide creativity and enthusiasm in developing written content as well as choosing templates and creative elements of communication.
- Creates, in conjunction with the Deans and Program Directors, communication sequences for various prospective student categories of over 90 diverse programs and majors.
- Work closely with enrollment marketing and admissions colleagues for specific communication plans to ensure communication flows are developed to support goals.
- Works with content directors to create, write, edit gather, review, edit and publish compelling, strategic and relevant content and stories to drive enrollment.
- Works with web content editors to develop and maintain program homepages, program requirements, faculty, curriculum and schedules, student stories, program facts, and dual degree information as well as admissions, student life, and all other traditional undergraduate recruitment webpages. Assist with graduate and online web pages as necessary.
- For direct mail, oversee the distribution of communication material with project manager to ensure pieces are sent in a timely manner.
- Ensures the appropriate populations are selected for direct mail and analyzes results of said mailings to determine ROI and interest level of prospective student populations.
- Implements an electronic survey communication strategy to engage the prospective student while obtaining important feedback as it relates to communications and student experience.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, IT or related field preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of marketing and/or communication experience.
- Successful track record with creating and implementing email marketing and other communication flows for an organization.
- Experience with content marketing or copywriting.
- Email analytics.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and Pardot strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of integrated database management software, CRM databases and software; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media, and e- mail. Knowledge of Scan, Jenzabar, Datatel, or other similar systems is preferred.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral, writing, and editing skills, and good aesthetic judgment. Firm grasp of both internal and external marketing concepts, techniques, and the ability to craft and implement strategies focused on marketing objectives and goals.
- Demonstrates understanding of the graphic design industry and digital assets, new media, advertising, direct mail, print production, and social media as it relates to integrated marketing strategies.
- Demonstrates project management expertise, is detail oriented, and has the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging industry trends and principles.
- Very strong interpersonal and listening skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- An entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate mission through marketing and communication strategies, including web-based environments.
- Ability to implement the strategic use of new media to complement and enhance traditional communications channels.
- Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats. Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals.
- Solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles are essential.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across divisions.
- Recommended a minimum of five years of experience with a proven record of success in marketing and brand management.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Requires the ability to work collaboratively across departments and within University policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication ability.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the attributes, opportunities and challenges of higher education.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at [email protected] or call 413-565-1168.
Working At Bay Path University
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and a member of the Women’s College Coalition. With a main campus and four satellite locations, Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate, (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
A Bay Path University education empowers undergraduate women and graduate women and men to become leaders in their careers and communities with an innovative approach to learning that prepares students to flourish in a constantly changing world.
The Bay Path experience is nothing less than transformational. Our women-only undergraduate programs and our coeducational graduate programs are offered both on campus and online, providing a flexible, 21st-century education for learners at all stages of life and career. Bay Path students find a supportive and diverse community, close mentoring, and rigorous preparation for success in a complex and globally interdependent society. Students graduate with the applied knowledge, portable skillset, and confidence to thrive in their professions, identify and realize their dreams, and make a lasting difference in the world.
Enrollment: Over 3,300 students
Alumni: Approximately 15,000 alumni around the world.
Athletics: Eight teams compete at the NCAA Division III level, in the New England Collegiate Conference.
University Motto: Carpe Diem, Latin for "Seize the Day"
- Longmeadow, MA - Home to our Residential College, for high school, transfer and International young women; One Day A Week College, for adult women with classes on Saturday; and Graduate College for men and women.
- Concord, MA - Our Concord location is home to our graduate programs in Education and Psychology for men and women.
- Sturbridge, MA - Our Sturbridge teaching site opened in 2003 and offers our One Day A Week College, for adult women with classes on Saturday and select graduate programs for men and women. This teaching location provides students with all of the support services of our main campus including access to library services, administrative and academic deans, student financial services, and the Registrar’s Office.
- East Longmeadow, MA - The Philip H. Ryan Health Science Center is located on our East Longmeadow site. This state-of-the-art facility houses our Master of Occupational Therapy, Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies and our Master of Occupational Therapy Bridge programs.
Offers classes on-ground Monday through Friday.
At Bay Path University, we welcome students (commuters and residents), just like you, from across the country and around the world who are smart, capable young women who want to make a difference and be successful.
Here, you join a small, highly personal community that empowers you to take ownership of your life through:
- Highly relevant majors and minors that give you practical knowledge, a global viewpoint, and the unique perspectives that make connections between subject areas and current topics.
- Leadership opportunities that focus on your strengths, encouraging you to find your voice and act on your convictions.
- Real-world experience balanced with career counseling that gives you a distinct advantage for graduate school or that rewarding first job.
- More important, our admission counselors are here to help you and your family, guiding you through the admissions and financial aid process by taking your questions and connecting you with the right resources.
Why it pays to be a Bay Path woman:
- Significant Financial Support. All of our full-time students receive a merit scholarship from Bay Path University, and more than 96% of our students receive additional financial aid that included grants, scholarships and loans.
- Close Attention from Faculty. With a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio, you'll form close relationships with your professors that will lead to research, internship and networking opportunities.
- Thoughtful and Intentional Career Planning for Life. Our Sullivan Career and Life Planning Center (SCLP) is one of the best of its kind. As a Bay Path student, you will have lifetime access to the SCLP and the services it provides, including one-on-one career coaching and mentoring.
A Place Where Knowledge Is Gained and Shared
If you ask a Bay Path woman graduate to define her academic experience, it would be one word: transformational. There is no other way to describe it.
Yes, we have majors in neurobiology, cybersecurity, and business analytics, as well as minors and concentrations that deepen your knowledge in a specific area. But we also educate the whole person, giving you the courage and confidence to be your best self, to help you get where you have to go, and to take on more in your life. It’s why women’s education still matters.
American Women’s College
Are you one of the 76 million American women who has accomplished many things in her life yet still lacks a bachelor's degree? You are not alone. At The American Women's College, we understand the reasons that women pause their education early in life:
- Maybe going to college wasn’t right for you at the time
- Maybe you started college and decided it wasn't a good fit
- And then there other competing factors like family, work, and day-to-day pressures
Looking back, do you still wish you had earned a college degree? Now you can—with The American Women’s College Online. We offer:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert