: Administrative / StaffDepartment:
: 01-53-5348-Enrollment MarketingLocations:
: Longmeadow, MAPosted:
: Dec 3, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Salaried (Exempt)Position ID:
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student...to start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: TBD
- Job Type: FT Exempt
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Location: On ground / Hybrid
- Exempt: Yes
The Director of Enrollment Communications and Email Marketing oversees enrollment-driven communication flows for graduate, online, and undergraduate programs, scholarship initiatives, and recruitment events. This position will be the primary driver of marketing communication content for electronic and traditional media communication flows.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop messaging campaigns and processes to contact and engage prospective students, families and other targeted audiences by specific division/audiences using email, print, web, text, video and other digital tools.
- Implements communications campaigns, from design to writing to marketing to technical development and communication flow that are aligned with recruitment objectives and brand standards.
- Establish measurable processes and testing and develop campaigns that are accessible and functional on all devices to meet audience needs.
- Plan and create an ongoing schedule of content, track, monitor and analyze performance and adjust as needed for best results.
- Insures that communication sequences are accurately implemented and Prepares monthly campaign-level reports that support the admissions counselor function, e.g. responses, open-rate, click-rate, name of student.
- Manages and directs the marketing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Pardot by Salesforce.
- Provide creativity and enthusiasm in developing written content as well as choosing templates and creative elements of communication.
- Creates, in conjunction with the Deans and Program Directors, communication sequences for various prospective student categories of over 90 diverse programs and majors.
- Work closely with enrollment marketing and admissions colleagues for specific communication plans to ensure communication flows are developed to support goals.
- Works with content directors to create, write, edit gather, review, edit and publish compelling, strategic and relevant content and stories to drive enrollment.
- Works with web content editors to develop and maintain program homepages, program requirements, faculty, curriculum and schedules, student stories, program facts, and dual degree information as well as admissions, student life, and all other traditional undergraduate recruitment webpages. Assist with graduate and online web pages as necessary.
- For direct mail, oversee the distribution of communication material with project manager to ensure pieces are sent in a timely manner.
- Ensures the appropriate populations are selected for direct mail and analyzes results of said mailings to determine ROI and interest level of prospective student populations.
- Implements an electronic survey communication strategy to engage the prospective student while obtaining important feedback as it relates to communications and student experience.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the University.
- Master's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, IT or related field preferred. Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5+ years of marketing and/or communication experience.
- Successful track record with creating and implementing email marketing and other communication flows for an organization.
- Experience with content marketing or copywriting.
- Email analytics.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and Pardot strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of integrated database management software, CRM databases and software; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet, social media, and e- mail. Knowledge of Scan, Jenzabar, Datatel, or other similar systems is preferred.
- Demonstrates exceptional oral, writing, and editing skills, and good aesthetic judgment. Firm grasp of both internal and external marketing concepts, techniques, and the ability to craft and implement strategies focused on marketing objectives and goals.
- Demonstrates understanding of the graphic design industry and digital assets, new media, advertising, direct mail, print production, and social media as it relates to integrated marketing strategies.
- Demonstrates project management expertise, is detail oriented, and has the ability to manage several projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging industry trends and principles.
- Very strong interpersonal and listening skills and ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
- An entrepreneurial and determined attitude in order to meet targets, and the confidence to work independently without daily oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate mission through marketing and communication strategies, including web-based environments.
- Ability to implement the strategic use of new media to complement and enhance traditional communications channels.
- Thorough knowledge of web communication techniques, vehicles and formats. Ability to effectively use web technology to achieve communication goals.
- Solid foundation in grammar, spelling, and the composition of various communication vehicles are essential.
- Experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across divisions.
- Recommended a minimum of five years of experience with a proven record of success in marketing and brand management.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking.
- Requires the ability to work collaboratively across departments and within University policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication ability.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for the attributes, opportunities and challenges of higher education.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and any other required online trainings within 15 days of employment.
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking and all other COVID protocols established by the University.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at HR@baypath.edu or call 413-565-1168.