Civil Service -Extra HelpClassification Title:
Extra Help - ServicesPosition's Functional Title:
Extra Help Substitute DishwasherPosition Summary:
This is a temporary assignment that will end at the discretion of the department or when funding or hours are exhausted. Minimum Qualifications:
1. Clean and Disinfect all work areas following health dept. protocols and current COVID precautions.
2. Wash dishes using the 3-sink compartment and dishwasher.
3. Deliver, retrieve, break down, and prepare food carts prior to meals and after.
4. Comply with Food Restriction List and ensure food substitutions are safely prepared and distributed.
5. Prepare PM snack and AM breakfast for the evening and next morning, prior to leaving for the day.
6. Maintain cleanliness of kitchen and dishes and food carts after all meals and snacks.
7. Assure that all procedures are in compliance with the State Board of Health regulations, CACFP guidelines, State of Illinois Child Care Regulations, and Early Head Start regulations.
1. In the absence of the Culinary Worker lll, assists with preparing foods per specified menu and time schedule for daily meals and possible classroom food experiences.
2. Attend required/requested CACFP, State Board of Health, and/or Early Head Start training programs.
1. Adhere to all plans, policies, and procedures of Governors State University, Family Development Center, and Early Head Start.
2. Stays well informed regarding food safety.
3. Attend all meetings and trainings as required.
4. Comply with regulatory health requirements, including; a pre-employment physical and lift test. Provide proof of MMR and DTAP immunizations, initial TB test, and annual DCFS Physical Exam.
5. Assists with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
6. Review GSU work email and respond as needed.
1. Must be able to pass and maintain Illinois Food Handler Training.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Prior food service experience.Posting Date:
2. Prior experience working within an early childhood center.
09/16/2021Open Until Filled:
CS0573PType of Search:
ExternalQuicklink for Posting:
https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6456Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a temporary assignment that will end at the discretion of the department or when funding or hours are exhausted.
The pay rate is $11.25 an hour.