: School of PharmacyLocations:
: Binghamton, NYPosted:
: Nov 30, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timeRef. No.:
: 05719Position ID:
About Binghamton University:
The state of New York provided $60 million to establish a School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at Binghamton University. The school, which enrolled its inaugural PharmD class in 2017, is housed in a state-of-the-art, 105,000 square-foot building dedicated to research and education and located at the University's new Health Sciences Campus. The school's outstanding pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences leaders use contemporary medication management and innovative research to transform human health locally and globally. The research and clinically focused school is training the next generations of graduates to deliver evidence-based, patient-centered pharmaceutical care to diverse groups of patients, especially those in underserved rural and geriatric communities. Our new pharmacy simulations laboratory houses a hospital pharmacy with a 797-compliant sterile room, community pharmacy with a robotic dispenser, patient home setting, and three hospital rooms complete with electrocardiographic/respiratory/hemodynamic monitoring and high-fidelity manikins.
The School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE). The PhD program is opening in 2022 and will be renowned for its contributions to translational, clinical and outcomes research within the changing landscape of drug development, pharmacy practice and clinical science.
Budget Title: Senior Staff Assistant (SL-3)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Binghamton University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications for a full-time Specialist in the division of Admissions and Student Affairs. This 12-month position offers an exciting opportunity to work with a vibrant student affairs office that oversees all student (PharmD, MS, and PhD) and alumni activities. The ideal candidate is a self-directed, results-oriented individual who works harmoniously in a team. This position offers an exciting opportunity to be a member of an innovative and newly accredited program. The primary responsibilities of this position include working collaboratively with our alumni, students and faculty.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with the Alumni Engagement Office to develop an alumni engagement strategy including coordination of alumni volunteers for admissions and career development as well as planning pharmacy-specific alumni engagement events.
- Coordinate and execute the recruitment of high-quality pharmacy candidates as well as candidates for the MS and PhD programs in pharmaceutical sciences. Develop recruitment strategy utilizing alumni connections and resources, where applicable.
- Assist the Director of Student Affairs in the planning and implementation of career development activities such as Career Fair and Residency Showcases, utilizing alumni networks as appropriate.
- Serve as a student advocate and support for all SOPPS graduate students and make referrals to campus support services as needed.
- Coordinate targeted area events and information sessions for recruitment and yield purposes, with prospective pharmacy and graduate student applicants, parents, counselors and alumni in order to build awareness and increase enrollments; these may involve working with representatives from other colleges or universities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two years of professional experience
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and occasional weekends
- Strong and demonstrated interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and the ability to work both independently and on a team
- Master's degree or degree in pharmacy
- Experience collaborating and communicating with alumni
- Prior experience working in a school/college of pharmacy
- Prior experience working in admissions or recruiting
- Prior experience working with graduate and PharmD students
Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check and verification of degree(s) and credentials.
Binghamton University is a tobacco-free campus.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected]
Payroll information can be found on our website https://www.binghamton.edu/offices/human-resources/payroll/
Cover letters may be addressed "To the Search Committee."
Postings active on the website, accept applications until closure.
For information on the Dual Career Program, please visit:
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Binghamton University to provide for and promote equal opportunity employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military service member status, marital status, domestic violence victim status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or arrest and/or criminal conviction record unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification or other exception.
As required by Title IX and its implementing regulations Binghamton University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in the educational programs and activities which it operates. This requirement extends to employment and admission. Inquiries about sex discrimination may be directed to the University Title IX Coordinator or directly to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Contact information for the Title IX Coordinator and OCR, as well as the University's complete Non-Discrimination Notice may be found here.
Deadline for Internal Applicants: 12/14/2021
Deadline for External Applicants: Open until filled
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the vacancy is filled.
Persons interested in this position should apply online.
- Cover letter, and
- Contact information for three professional references
You may add additional files/documents after uploading your resume. After you fill out your contact information, you will be directed to the upload page. Please login to check/edit your profile or to upload additional documents: http://binghamton.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp.
Please contact Sarah Khalil at [email protected] for more information.