This is an Enterprise position that is responsible for performing Accounts Payable related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Controller as well as other Unity College Enterprise and Sustainable Education Business Units (SEBUs) budget managers.
POSITION SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Manages the input, payment, and reconciliation of all vendor invoices and student refunds.
- Manages the E-requisition/purchase order system, trains users on the system, and fields all user questions.
- Ensures compliance with W-9 collection and filing of 1099s.
- Ensures compliance with Unclaimed Property laws.
- Ensures compliance with purchasing policies for all invoices, refunds, credit card purchases and reimbursements.
- Records and reconciles fixed assets and depreciation.
- Manages U-Card system in collaboration with Student Success, employees, Campus Store transactions. Fields user questions and requests. Reconciles accounts and relationship with off-campus restaurants.
- Creates accounts payable batches and payouts.
- Manages sales tax liability payments.
- Administers procurement card system and accounts, trains users on the system, and resolves issues as needed.
- Creates journal entries for expense reclassifications.
- Pro-actively communicate challenges, successes, and failures with leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNITY COLLEGE INSTITUTIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Demonstrates commitment to Unity College's core values and serves as a role model for the College's standards of conduct.
- Contributes to the College's commitment to sustainability and contributes to the College's commitment to support a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Follows safety and infection control policies while assisting with their enforcement.
- Assumes responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws. In addition to actively participating in Unity College Professional Development days and Unity College required annual trainings.
- Demonstrates a high degree of commitment to customer service and student success.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position you must be able to execute each of the position specific responsibilities while meeting the position expectations.
Additionally, the position specific education, skills and competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon approval by the supervisor and Director of Human Resources, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
POSITION SPECIFIC EDUCATION, SKILLS AND COMPENTCIES:
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business or at least three (3) years of job-related experience or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft products and accounting software with a preference in knowledge of GP Dynamics.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and students.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities for meeting deadlines, using time efficiently.
- Ability to function effectively within a matrix organizational structure, maintaining open lines of communication while being discreet, courteous and well poised.
WORK SCHEDULE / AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Work hours are specific to the requirements of this position and can include days, evenings, and weekends. Working extended hours required as needed. Must be flexible and cooperative in fulfilling responsibilities and meeting the College's needs. Although Unity College employees are generally scheduled to work at their specifically assigned locations, there are times when travel is necessary and employees are required from time to time to attend events, meetings or work temporary assignment at any Unity College location.