Associate Director of Annual Giving
Redlands, CA - On-site SUPERVISOR:
Director of Annual Giving APPOINTMENT:
Administrative, Full-time, Twelve (12) months STARTING SALARY:
Commensurate with experience and education AVAILABLE:
Immediately INTRODUCTORY PERIOD:
One (1) year POSTING DATE:
November 3, 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE:
Open until filled DESCRIPTION:
Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, the Associate Director is responsible for coordinating and championing reunion giving, coordinating and managing key strategic affinity solicitations, and raising leadership-level annual gifts from our constituents. The role will be vital to the Development Department as a whole as we expand efforts to better engage alumni, parents, faculty/staff, and friends in more meaningful, creative, and lasting ways. The Associate Director will also have some responsibility for qualifying individuals and soliciting philanthropic support, primarily through external solicitation.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists the Director in preparing, reviewing, and monitoring each year's Redlands Fund Plan, with a focus on raising the established target for the Redlands Fund by June 30 of each year.
- Develops and implements a solicitation plan for strategic affinity groups highlighting areas of University excellence.
- Supports the reunion giving effort by managing assigned reunion committees. Coordinates with major gift or planned giving development officers as needed.
- Works in close partnership with the Director of Annual Giving in the recruitment and logistics of the President's Circle Leadership Committee, staffing fundraising volunteers for ongoing success.
- Manages giving volunteers including alumni, student, and parent groups.
- Makes personal visits and phone calls to prospects for annual solicitation and qualifying purposes. Visit focus will be on leadership Redlands Fund prospects and affinity leadership beyond campus.
- As part of the Advancement team, the Associate Director participates fully in various university activities, such as Homecoming, Commencement, Endowment Luncheon, Alumni Reunion Weekend, and, on occasion, Alumni Board Meetings.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's Degree required, supplemented with one (1) to three (3) years of relevant experience. One (1) year of relevant experience is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate superb communication skills, both verbally and in writing; must have a good understanding of the fundraising process and best practices; outside sales and/or prospect solicitation experience is a plus; must be imaginative, innovative, display a sense of humor, and demonstrate the ability and strong desire to cultivate, solicit, and manage prospects and volunteers. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. The selected candidate will possess a valid driver's license and demonstrate a good driving record with a current DMV printout after offer of employment. A willingness to work evenings and weekends; travel is required. TO APPLY:
A resume/CV and cover letter are required. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040. INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19:
New employees are required to submit proof of having received the full course dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or submitting an exemption request for medical or religious reasons within sixty (60) days from your date of hire. FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT http://www.redlands.edu/human-resources/employment/ SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=5cf12b62-f8ad-4889-9ecf-c6bd83705d9e
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency