Requisition Number:34563Location: Boulder, Colorado Employment Type:Temporary StaffSchedule:Full-TimePosting Close Date:31-Jan-2022Date Posted:06-Jan-2022 Close All
Job SummaryThe University of Colorado
is hiring for two Audio Engineer/Technicians.
These positions will support the success of the Colorado Shakespeare Festival.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreFor over 60 seasons, the Colorado Shakespeare Festival has delighted audiences with classic theatre under the stars.
The Colorado Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company in association with the University of Colorado Boulder. Since 1958, the festival has celebrated and explored Shakespeare and his continuing influence and vitality through productions of superior artistic quality, education and community engagement.
CSF strives to preserve the classics of the past and pursue the classics of the future. Fueled by artistry and scholarship, the festival seeks to expand the cultural richness of the region by inspiring, challenging and cultivating the imagination of audiences and artists.
Plays are performed beneath summer night skies in the historic Mary Rippon Outdoor Theatre and in the newly renovated indoor University Theatre.
The festival’s education programs reach tens of thousands of school children each year through camps, classes and outreach performances that connect them with the continuing tradition and importance of Shakespeare.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Installation, maintenance & repair of equipment, including all radios and headset systems (Both wired and wireless).
- Work with the Production Manager and Sound Supervisor to ensure deadlines are met within budget and time constraints.
- Oversee playback systems and run shows on the indoor stage.
- Assist in repertory changeovers.
- Load out and strike.
- Assist as needed across departmental lines as designated by Production Manager.
What You Should Know
- This is a temporary position.
- Please include at least 3 references with their contact information on your resume.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can OfferThe hourly rate is $15.00BenefitsTemporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
. Be StatementsBe courageous. Be supported. Be Boulder.What We Require
- One year of related experience demonstrating the required skillsets.
What You Will Need
- Strong collaboration, communication, leadership, and technical skills.
- Ability to maintain high quality and standards and a safe and supportive work environment while working on a tight deadline.
- Commitment to an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace environment.
- Teaching/mentoring experience preferred, but not required.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by January 31, 2022, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Essential ServicesThis position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for regularly assigned shifts during emergency campus closures.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name:
Jonathan DunklePosting Contact Email: [email protected]