Aims is Growing, our Team is Expanding, and Creating Great Opportunities! We want to hire the most talented people we can to help our students succeed! Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, serving over 8000 learners annually, Aims Community College prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. Our wonderful staff, faculty, and administration work as a team to ensure excellent service. This commitment was recognized by The Denver Post and Monster Jobs as the “Best Place to Work” in 2018 and 2019! Our commitment to a Diverse Community: Our student body reflects the growing diversity of our community: 55% of our students identify as white, 36% as Hispanic, 2% as Asian, 2% as African-American, and 2% as multiracial. Aims Community College is committed to serving all of our students, including populations that are traditionally underserved in higher education, and we welcome applicants who share a commitment to inclusive excellence.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Thank you for your interest in working at Aims Community College! Questions or Need Assistance:
If you need assistance applying for a job, please contact our HR Department, [email protected] , or call us at 970-339-6670.
Are you a current Aims Employee or Student Worker? If so, we need you to apply through your Workday account.
Instructions for Aims Applicants:
Please close this window and log into your Workday account. Apply by using the "Career" application on your home page. If you're a student worker please use "Find Student Jobs" under the "Career" application to apply.
Instructions for all Applicants:
In order to be considered please provide a thorough and complete application.
·Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the “Work Experience” section on the application. We evaluate your experience based on this information. ·Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application. ·Please make sure you state whether work experience (aka work history) is part time or full-time employment (full time is 40 or more hours per week).
Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section. If there are missing documents, your incomplete application will not be considered.
Upon hire, all positions at Aims Community College require a criminal background check, and may require an MVR, and/or drug screen. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being employed. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
Academic Dean of Public Safety and Transportation
Reporting to the Chief Academic Officer, the Academic Dean is responsible for providing effective planning and vision, comprehensive leadership, program review, budget oversight, data analysis, and institutional coordination, supervision and oversight of all affairs and activities for Automotive Collision, Automotive Technology, Aviation, Early Childhood Education/Education, Criminal Justice, Police Academy, EMS, Paramedic, CME, CPR, Fire Science, and CPAT. The Academic Dean is also responsible for leadership of strategic plan tactics, academic master plan initiatives, accreditation efforts, as well as policy and procedure reformation.
Responsibility / Duty
Administrative Function of Academic Division:
- Serve as principal administrator of instructional programs is the academic division, Public Services and Transportation.
- Create and administer budgets in accordance with College strategic plan and policies; conduct trend and data analysis; prepare capital, Perkins, operating, personnel and grant requests; generate budget reports and respond to requests for information.
Leadership & Management:
- Facilitate/initiate respectful and effective communications internally/externally; provide staff with information and interpretation of College policies and procedures; schedule and preside at College meetings/ committees; create and distribute written communications internally/externally in a timely manner; serve as essential link to administration in communicating needs of departments, faculty, staff, and advisory committees.
- Provide strategic leadership and management including planning, developing and directing activities of multifaceted, multi-subject division; coordinate program, department and division reviews, accreditation and evaluation; delegate and monitor administrative responsibilities of chairs and other employees as appropriate; coordinate administrative duties with CAO and College constituencies; supervise full and part-time faculty and staff; implement systems to maintain, centralize academic administration and division record/forms/procedures; assist in review of terms of operational contracts; develop and recommend policies and procedures to the CAO or President; oversee all processes associated with quarterly and yearly schedule of courses.
- Communicate and interact with officials and agencies of the State and local government; serve on community workforce teams, committees, etc. on behalf of the College; represent the College at state-level committees and councils and other higher education institutions.
- Create strategic and operational plans for programs within academics and the division to provide safe, efficient, effective programming and services; develop and implement long-range academic administration, division, and program goals; facilitate and support alternative curriculum development and delivery options; plan for faculty professional development; and investigate and support grant opportunities.
- Maintain credentials and knowledge of educational technology and College’s infrastructure related to technology and the position; provide professional development activities as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires Master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, plus three (3) years’ teaching experience and three years of administrative experience in higher education, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to work in a high-performance environment.
- Experience with specialized accredited programs and programs with external regulators.
- Preference will be given to those holding a terminal degree and also to those with past executive experience in higher education.
- Cover Letter (max of 3 pages)
- Resume (CV not accepted)
- Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity)
Starting Compensation: $100,341.00
The hiring range for full-time positions is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity and one can earn up to 5% above the minimum salary stated in the job posting. Employees in these positions may be asked to participate in temporary assignments lasting less than 6 months (such as curriculum development, short term projects, meetings and substitute duties) which could amount to additional temporary pay.
Included with Aims Full-time Employment is a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
- Benefits are effective immediately
- 100% employer provided medical & dental coverage employees (employee only option)
- 85% employer provided medical & dental coverage for employee's spouse and/or family
- Voluntary vision insurance
- Staff Annual Leave (minimum accrual of 15 days) & Sick (minimum accrual of 12 days)
- 17 paid holidays and 3 personal days each year
- Summer schedule: 4-day work week - Fridays Off
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums
- Tuition waiver & reimbursement for employees
- Tuition waiver for dependents
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits)
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee & one guest
- Free parking on all campuses
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following, if required:
Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements
• Diversity Statement; see below
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only)
• Copy of Transcripts for all positions. Official transcripts will be required if hired for all Full-Time positions
Diversity Statement Instructions
Aims Community College recognizes and celebrates diversity within our students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to equity and inclusion to improve the learning experiences of all students and the working conditions of all employees.
- In your diversity statement, please provide your interpretation of what it means to serve a diverse community and work in an inclusive environment.
- Please include specific examples for how your background, education, and/or professional experience have prepared you to fulfill those responsibilities in this position.
- As you consider what to put in your statement, please note Aims Community College is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, or any other protected class.
Faculty: Must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
If you are a current Aims Community College Faculty and have transcripts on file, then a new official copy is not required.
Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted and become the property of Aims Community College. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews. The goal of Aims Community College is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.