Job location: Wichita, KS Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
R0007101 Job Description:
JOB TITLE: Vice President for Innovation and Advanced Strategy
This job description provides a general outline of duties and qualifications of the position. Other duties may be assigned and the description may be changed at any time. It is not intended to limit normal change and growth nor prevent employees from working to ensure the success of our endeavors.
The Vice President for Innovation and Advanced Strategy (VPIAS) will be an entrepreneurial leader who will be responsible for furthering strategic innovation at KHSC. In doing so, they will work with administrative, faculty and staff colleagues to recommend and advance long-term plans and strategies designed to create a comprehensive and sustainable Health Science Center. The VPIAS will also identify, analyze and recommend ways to address emerging trends in the higher education ecosystem of health care; provide oversight of approved long-term plans and strategies; recommend priorities and resources to the President and play a central role in realizing KHSC’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. The VPIAS will take a leadership role in terms of institutional research and will focus on such areas as regional accreditation and institutional effectiveness.
- Advance regional accreditation and project manage submission.
- Develop ideas for new strategic initiatives that support mission, vision and values.
- Work across teams for inputs and ideas and project-manage approved strategic plans.
- Recommend institutional infrastructure changes to align with new proposals.
- Work with the President and members of the leadership team to identify and implement innovative methods and programming.
- Work with regional accreditation to understand and present ideas regarding institutional opportunities.
- Lead the diversity, equity and inclusion taskforce as integral to advancing a workforce accepting of new ideas and methods.
- Keep abreast of and seek relevant local, state and federal programmatic funding opportunities.
- Create and execute project detailed work plans, communication plans, timelines, deliverables, and key milestones.
- Prepare quality assurance parameters, procedures and documents.
- Define, review, refine and establish institution-wide standards, policies, and procedures.
- Be accountable for defining issues, developing alternatives when necessary and building solutions.
- Ensure institutional compliance with criteria for regional accreditation and state certification.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a doctoral or terminal degree, but a master’s degree is required.
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible, successful administrative experience in a growing, complex, multifaceted organization; experience in higher education is required; health care experience would be a plus.
- Experience relating to and effectively working with multiple constituencies and ability to work effectively as a member of a matrix leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to think and act strategically.
- Understanding of technology utilization and ways technology can support the operational functions of the institution.
- Understanding and appreciation of the evolving landscape and role of higher education.
- Leadership experience with managing diverse teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in strategic planning.
- Statistics/institutional research experience.
- Strong experience with regional accreditation.
- Experience coordinating efforts across functions and departments and working effectively within a matrix organization.
- Experience managing multiple administrative functions within a fast-paced organization, demonstrating ability to be flexible and willingness to adapt.
- Experience building relationships with vendors, partners, and outside stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to priorities as needed.
- Experience working with and administering project management tools.
- Excellent analytical, professional, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Kansas Health Science Center offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Kansas Health Science Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.