Job Description**This is a FULL-TIME, CONTRATUAL position** University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is currently seeking a Pharmacy and Administrative Technician to join the School of Pharmacy, Center for Innovative Pharmacy Services (CIPS) to work with the University of Maryland’s Quality Care Network and Transform Health MD located in Linthicum, MD.
Under general supervision, the pharmacy and administrative technician will outreach to assigned patients to collect information requested by the pharmacist and schedule medication therapy management appointments with the pharmacist. The pharmacy technician will work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary care team which includes nurses, social workers and providers and help with coordination of care with patients. This technician will also help develop presentations, charts, and workflows in collaboration with the pharmacist. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:
This CONTRACTUAL position offers a generous benefits package that includes 10 vacation days, 11 personal and holidays, 5 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and supplemental retirement options; and limited tuition remission for employees enrolled at UMB. UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Direct telephonic outreach to patients, providers, pharmacies to collect information and schedule appointments with
- Works collaboratively with the pharmacy team to review and manipulate data in various platforms such as Excel, electronic medical records, and population health platforms.
- Works collaboratively with the pharmacy team to develop presentations, diagrams/charts, and workflows.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties as assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Completion of a high school level course work with attainment of a high school diploma or possession of a State High School Equivalency Certificate (GED) is required. Education at the college level is preferred. EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of one year of equivalent pharmacy experience requiring a familiarity of generic and trade names of pharmaceutical products. Administrative experience strongly preferred. Experience with value-based care programs is encouraged but not required. CERTIFICATION:
Employees in this job class must be a certified technician and registered with the Maryland Board of Pharmacists. OTHER:
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- General knowledge of generally accepted pharmacy principles, practices and procedures, pharmaceutical generic and trade names, general mathematics, personal computers, is required.
- General knowledge of PC computer software applications, such as, spreadsheet, database, word processing, data entry is required. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, to interact effectively with medical, nursing, and various allied health staff in order to successfully provide optimal patient care.
- Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
- Candidates will be required to have a criminal background check.
- Employees in this job class may be subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
- Overtime, weekend, on-call and shift work may be required in some positions.
Based on the duties of this position, selected candidates are not eligible to participate in the Bargaining Unit (Union). Salary Range:
Commensurate with education and experience (Salary range: $35,000 - $40,000) UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact [email protected]
Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Non-Exempt StaffShift:
School of Pharmacy - Pharmacy Practice and Science - Academic SupportJob Posting:
Jan 12, 2022Unposting Date:
Jan 26, 2022, 11:59:00 PM