Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Assistant/Associate Professor of NursingDoes this position require driving?:
Sondra ReevesContact Email:
[email protected]Job Summary/Basic Function:
Position will support the DNP /Advanced Practice Specialty Program including teaching responsibilities in one or more of the following: residential classroom which may also include lab, online courses, clinical and practicum instruction/supervision, student advising, scholarship, student projects and clinical practice. The Director of the APRN specialty program / Assistant/Associate Professor/ provides leadership in administering aspects of the program, including review of curriculum and accreditation standards and evaluation with the DNP Program Chair, orientation and evaluation of clinical faculty, and oversight of clinical tracking in Typhon. Duties also include student progression/evaluation including level exams and clinical competencies, student evaluation. The candidate must have experience in graduate level instruction, scholarship and clinical instruction of APRN students. Candidate should be active in clinical practice. Position will include opportunities to participate in nursing school and university responsibilities. Candidate should have excellent personal communication and computer skills. Candidates must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University. Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in nursing with preparation as a APRN
- Current and unencumbered Virginia Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse license.
- National Certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner or other APRN specialty from the American Nurse Credentialing Center, (ANCC), American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) or other recognized national certifying agency such as Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education. (ACME).
- 5 years of experience as an APRN in a direct-care setting.
- Candidate will be professional with excellent personal communication and computer skills.
- Current certification in American Heart Association CPR for Healthcare Provider with AED.
- DNP, Ed.D, or PhD/ Experience in practicum supervision/Current clinical practice in the role of APRN
40 hrs/weekPosting Date:
12/01/2021Special Instructions for Applicants:
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview. In the references section of the application, please submit the names of two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or someone within a leadership position within your current church. The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family member.Quicklink: