Adjunct Faculty – Logistics/Supply Chain Management, Project Management, and Statistics
- Florida Polytechnic University
- JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as Adjunct Professor in Department of Data Science and Business Analytics for face-to-face, part-time instruction in the following courses:
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management – Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management, Purchasing and Materials Management, Reverse Logistics, Global Logistics Management, Planning and Control Systems for Supply Chain Management, Air Transportation and Operations, National Transportation Management, Six Sigma, Lean Operations Management
- Project Management: Engineering and Technology Project Management
- Statistics: STA 2023 – Statistics I
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and skills are relevant to face-to-face course development and delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Teaching and industry experience preferred.
- At least a master’s degree with 18 credit hours in teaching discipline from an accredited institution.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: The salary will be commensurate with the field of teaching and years of teaching experience:
- 1-5 years: $4000-$5000 per 3-credit course
- 6-10 years: $4500-$5500 per 3-credit course
- 10+ years: $5000-$6000 per 3-credit course
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment canceled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format to the Florida Polytechnic Careers Website: https://floridapoly.edu/about/careers/careersportal
- Letter of Application
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
- Unofficial copy of the Ph.D./M.Sc. transcript
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
Make a difference at one of Florida’s premier institutions for education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). Florida Polytechnic University, ranked the No. 1 public college in the region by U.S. News and World Report, offers a unique working environment that encourages faculty and staff to be part of a culture that prizes collaboration, innovation, and the willingness to go above and beyond to ensure our students and University succeed. Florida Poly offers a small campus academic environment where students form connections with their faculty and peers as they pursue high-value degrees in engineering and applied sciences.
The University is equipped with cutting-edge facilities and equipment and two award-winning, architecturally distinct academic buildings. Its evolving curriculum, designed to meet the needs of industry and provide a life-long educational foundation for students, has helped the institution grow in prominence since its opening in 2014. Florida Poly’s deliberately small classes, affordability, and outstanding graduate outcomes have helped it earn recognitions such as being named a top value school, in the top 25 nationally for affordability, and in the top five best universities in the South for tech students. Accredited by ABET and SACSCOC, Florida Poly is educating some of the brightest minds in Florida and attracting standout talent from across the nation.
- (863) 874-8402
4700 Research Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert